Meliodas.

Elizabeth's POV:

This morning I woke up early and showered while Meliodas slept soundly. The events that occurred yesterday lingered in my mind while  the water beat down on my hair and back.

Flashback~

Meliodas and I stood there in front of each other while Merlin watched us closely. "Close your eyes and try to reach each others souls" she had stated while quietly conversating with Arthur. Meliodas and I took one last glance before we shut our eyes. In order for this to work we have to be able to let the other break down each wall of insecurity. I was still trying to figure out how though.
Soon enough, I felt my soul wander within reach of his. I could envision everything he felt and everything that terrified him all in my mind. After a second of nothingness I began to see the demon realm through him. The atmosphere was thick with red hues all throughout. The air was surprisingly clear but my surroundings were in ruins. In front of me stood a girl with brown hair and green eyes looking up at my Meliodas. 'Zaneri' I thought to myself.

"Hey uh.. Mel? I know you're still in there. It's alright. He's immobilized.. he can't hurt us anymore. You don't need to be this monster anymore so come back to me." An almost terrified Zaneri begged.

I began to assess my situation carefully, it seemed Meliodas lost control and went on a rampage. There was a dark haired man on the floor, his body was beaten and battered badly. I looked at all the blood on the floor in horror until Meliodas began talking again.

"It isn't fair. I've done everything I was asked. I've given up my entire childhood to become the warrior I was meant to be and yet my father sends a pathetic moron as yourself to eradicate me?" Meliodas' eyes were black and he stood over the man with a foot on his head which forced his body to bow at his feet.
He stood so confidently, hatred in his eyes towards his own kind. "Mel let's go. We can just leave the demon realm okay?" He glanced towards Zaneri for a split moment, silencing her and scoffed. His eyes now back on the man, he growled "Beg for mercy demon".

His voice made me shudder. Being in front of this version of him scared me, but I can't say it terrified me. Seeing him dominate and destroy someone or something because they hurt him or who he loves isn't foreign behavior in his case.
That's when another thought came into my head.
I walked over to him and stood on his left side while he kept his leg on the man to the right of him. I slowly wrapped my arms around his neck and played with his hair. "I'm not scared of you like they are. It's okay, I know he hurt you but you can calm yourself. You've won." I whispered into his ear. His posture and body language screamed with bloodlust. I backed to see his eyes on mine. "You can see me?.." I said lowly. Zaneri was still trying to convince Meliodas to let him go while he spoke to me. "I can.. why are you here goddess." He spoke coldly and quietly. I knew that he was the only person that could feel and see me so I spoke freely.
"That doesn't matter now does it? The important thing is I'm here, Meliodas." His mouth hung slightly open for a moment.