The Missing Student.

Elizabeth's POV:

I woke up to find that I was alone in the tent. By the looks of the sky it was early morning. Where could he be? I got up and put on a hoodie with a pair of his sweats that he had in the tent. I unzipped the exit and walked out, Meliodas was holding someone on the ground. I kept inching towards him.

It was Zaneri in his arms. "Zan talk to me what's going on??!" He yelled I dropped to my knees behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist. Realizing it was me he sat back into me. "Ellie. I don't know what happened, I heard something moving outside the tents so I came out to check. I saw Zan out here all beat up like this she tried to tell me something but instead she collapsed" he explained in a shaky voice, tears running down his face. I placed my hand over her, healing her wounds. He watched in Awe, I guess he forgot what I could do. When she was healed I slid my hand up from his lower waist to his shoulder. I kissed his cheek and rested my chin on his shoulder. "Hey my love, let's get her to the infirmary okay?" I whispered sweetly in his ear calming him down. He nodded and wiped his face "yeah let's go report this."

We left fast. Meliodas carried the unconscious girl all the way to Camelots infirmary. I never left his side.

4 hours later ~ Infirmary

"Excuse me, may we see her now?" Meliodas asked the doctor. He nodded and said "Zaneri's just waking up. She hit her head pretty hard so shes gonna have to stay here the week." Meliodas nodded his hand hadn't let go of mine since he let go of her.

"B206 don't talk to loud okay?" The doctor said before Meliodas pulled me away. I'll make sure to thank him later. When we got to the elevator Meliodas pinned me against the wall. I felt him bury his head in my neck "You always smell so beautiful. You're amazing Elizabeth. Don't get discouraged seeing me like this with her I know what it looks--" I smiled cutting him off "I know. You two never had what we do. I'm here for you and I can handle you caring for someone you once offered everything to." He smiled and blushed "if only you knew what I really felt about you.."

Before I could reply he had pulled me out of the elevator and made our way  into the room. Zaneri was lying in bed, her eyes just barely open. "Oh hey Meli. I wanted to see you so badly." I heard her say.

"Hey Zan, what happened out there?" Meliodas asked, cutting straight to the point. "I can't remember. I was walking back into Camelot and I heard laughing. I went to go investigate and that's when I was jumped. I kept walking to find help and I found you." She explained.

"I see.. I'm glad you're better. You had us worried there. I'll let you get some rest. Kay?" Meliodas said in a cheerful voice. She nodded and smiled "Elizabeth, I heard you healed me. Thank you so much. I honestly thought I was gonna die there." She said to me. I smiled and nodded tilting my head to the side and saying "you don't have to thank me. If Meliodas cares about you I do too. Even if we don't know each other very well, we are in this together." I said confidently. She seemed surprised but happy.

We left the room to let her rest. He wrapped his arm around my waist and led the way out of the infirmary. "Thank you for everything" Meliodas said "I'm going to Always be here for you." I replied. He smiled and we made the journey back over to the tavern to clean up before heading back to the dorms.

Zaneri's POV:

My whole body ached. She healed my wounds but couldn't help the soreness. I giggled to myself. Meliodas thinks he will stay with her for long, but he will always be mine.

I heard the door open, Jericho ended up walking in. She hugged me tightly and took a seat on my bed. "I was so worried about you. Meliodas texted me about what happened and I ran over as fast as I could." She explained, worry was written all over her face.

"I have no clue who would do this to me. But did you hear his new toy Elizabeth healed me?" I said almost under my breath.

"If he didn't still love you he wouldn't have made you a priority over her. Do you think theres still a chance" she asked me. "Of course I do. You can't just toss 3 years out the window just bc you found the new girl cute and worth playing with." I spoke confidently. "He will never love anyone the way he loves me" I smirked making Jericho laugh.

"Life without you has been so boring at Camelot academy." I placed a hand on hers. "I'm back now okay? I promise I won't do that to you again." I tried to comfort her. "Let's talk about what you found out about him while I was away." Jerichos face lit up.

"Yeah! Okay so one day I was following Meliodas around and he ended up leading me to this place. It had a crystal clear blue water lake and was hidden in the forest outside of Camelot. After like 20 minutes I heard him talking to someone. Apparently him and Elizabeth meet there pretty much any day they're free afterschool. I'm still working on their schedules. I haven't figured out the days Mel has off just yet but until you get better I'll keep observing." Her mood was already 3x better.

"A secret meeting place.. we never had one of those. Did they do anything?" I said nonchalantly

"Well, each time I've followed them there I didn't have the best view from any side I would watch from. I do know that they make out a decent while when they go there. I don't think anything's official yet though because in school they act like they are just good friends." Jericho explained frustratedly.

"So she really is just a girl he uses for his gratification" I groaned at the thought of someone else's lips on my man. "When you two were together... did you guys ever have sex?" My eyes widened at her question.

"No, everytime I wanted to something would come up. We slept over a lot but he had a pretty gruesome schedule back then so he would knock out pretty fast" It always frustrated me when he would blow me off for sleep. We were so close this year to finally having our perfect night. That's when an idea came into my head.

"Jericho, make a map of where that place is. When I get out of here I'm going to finally have Meliodas. I'll set up that secret place for a special date and by morning Meliodas would be mine again!" I cheered at my own plan. Jericho laughed and nodded "you have my full support Zan"

That's all I needed to hear.