The New Guy

Three more weeks have passed since the Sins have started training. Working on the ball at the tavern during their free time. As each day passed they all grew in power level, developing new skills and perfecting them with Arthur and Merlin's guidance.
Meliodas and Elizabeth were inseparable. Their trust, love and affection now more apparent than ever. Zaneri was no longer an issue in their minds even though she would never stop clinging onto Meliodas.  Elizabeth didn't trust her but she still spoke and attempted to get along with her.
It is now October 1st, the ball 15 days away.

Elizabeth's POV:

"Hey Elizabeth?" Zaneri said behind me. I was sitting in first period with Meliodas sleeping next to me while the teacher played a movie. When I heard her I turned around to talk.

"Yeah?" I asked in curiosity. Zaneri wasn't my favorite person but she could be fun to talk to when there isn't anything to do. "You're never giving him up are you?" I furrowed my brows the genuine smile on her face almost creeping me out. "Never" I giggled and she laughed quietly.

"I thought that was the case.. I lost him entirely to someone as Devine as you. You're pretty intimidating." She sighed and rested her head on her palm. "I didn't mean to just take him from you.. Zaneri it just happened. When you told me our first day that he was your boyfriend I looked the other way."

"But he pulled you in anyways. I knew you were a problem when I met you.. he never looked at someone the way I saw him looking at you. There was so much desire in his eyes. As time went on I got so much more jealous. I was with him for 3 years before you came into the picture. I can't promise that I'll stop. If we ever had a moment alone I don't know what I'd do. He hasn't mated with anyone.. even when I was begging him to before Esta and I...." She trailed off, reminiscing.

"I don't think you realized it when I said it before but he has mated, with me." I pointed at myself. "I just think there is a person for everyone and Meliodas wasn't yours. You two clicked for a period of time but then fizzled and to me that means someone better is out there for you. You just have to find a way to let him go." I glared over at Meliodas. His chair was closer to mine and his arm was wrapped around me as he slept. I returned to Zaneri.

She was nodding slowly as I spoke, her eyes watering. "I don't want you to cry" I reached out to grab her hand and comfort her. She smiled at me.

"I know I deserved more. There was a reason my attention left him for those last months. I never wanted to hurt him and I purposely ignored everything he was building with you. I just want to be happy now.. I don't want to be jealous anymore but I feel so alone. I have Jer but even she has her boyfriend" she explained to me with pain in her voice.

"You don't have to be alone! I'll be your friend" I smiled widely and she gripped my hand a little tighter. "I hate you so much for being so good to everyone. The more I watch you the more I want to be like you." we giggled and Meliodas sat up.

"It took you long enough Zan." He said while facing forward. "Mel it's rude to eavesdrop on a ladies conversation" she eyed him as he laughed.