Prep Day.

Elaine's POV:

"Would you happen to mind it if I added in some cherry blossom trees? If I grow them in the perfect spot we can use them to hang fairy lights all over" I spoke to Arthur about my plans to redesign his garden. I showed him where the dance floor would be and also managed for his permission to extend the garden as well.

"I like the ideas. If you pull it off I'll probably keep the garden like that for our own kingdom events. I never thought to come out here and change things up" Arthur explained with gratitude in his voice. It made me happy to know he trusts my vision.

"I'm also expanding your fountain. Makes for a better photo OP." I looked around to see if there were any other adjustments to make. When I found none I passed the plans over to Diane as she measured out the size of the dance floor with King.

"Will the King and Queen be present?" I monitored the work going on while he answered me. "No. I promised that this would be just academy students and Royals. No parents and my staff will be around if we need anything. You were right about Ban by the way. He really chefed it up in the kitchen." He laughed and took a refresher from a servant. I accepted a glass and continued the walk with him.

"I don't know if I love him or his cooking more." I giggled at the thought. "For 350 guests this should be enough wiggle room" Arthur's eyes scanned the area before Merlin walked over to us.

"Elaine, all tables are decorated and lights are being put up as we speak." She wrapped her arm around his. "Before anything else Arthur and I have a meeting with their highnesses so we will return after. Let me know if you need anything."

"Okay! Good luck with that. If I don't need anything I'll let you know when prep is over."
Merlin allowed Arthur to lead the way after waving goodbye to us all. I made my way over to Meliodas and Elizabeth.

"Hey guys what's going on with the speaker?" Meliodas sat in front of it his demon mark was activated while Elizabeth laughed pretty hard. "I'm lost."

"He got upset because the speaker wouldn't work. He spent 2 hours trying to fix it and once it started working again he ended up dropping it on his foot. Now he's on time out to calm down before he blows up the speaker." She was giggling while responding to me. Meliodas sat crisscrossed with his arms crossed. I laughed a little and pat his head.

"Its a giant speaker. You have a right to be mad at it" Giggling, I walked off and began to alter plant growth patterns. I made weeping willows and cherry blossom trees, added extra flowers and removed the weeds.

It was starting to come together. A month of crafting and planning all comes down to tomorrows event.

Elizabeth's POV:

After placing the speakers on the stage and setting up the DJs soundboard, Meliodas and I went to grab a refresher.

"Its super warm out here isn't it?" I sipped on a lemon water. "Yea but what did we expect. Camelot's known for its warm fall weather." He wrapped an arm around me and started to walk around the garden.

"Elaine really made sure we brought this to life huh.. it looks great" his goofy tone and boyish smile made my heart flutter. I thought I'd be used to us by now but I guess some feelings never disappear.

"It's gorgeous really." I agreed with him. His hand slipped in mine. "Are you ready to see your sister?" I questioned my beloved.

"I'm never ready to see family that's not Zeldy. But I love my little sister. So in a way I am but I'm not sure how much she's changed." I smiled and ruffled his hair. "When was the last time you saw her?"

"She was 15 and I had yelled at her for sneaking out with these guys from her school. A brilliant warrior but also an annoying teenager" he chuckled lightheartedly and I joined him with a giggle.

"My little sister has a mate now though.. I wonder how that's changed her ways." I stole a kiss from him and smiled warmly.

"Just enjoy the family time. We get to tell them we're engaged too so let's be happy! Even my sisters are coming to join their partners tomorrow."
They surprised me with the news this morning. Margaret called me to tell me that Gilthunder had sent a carriage for the ball and she would be arriving in the morning as well as Veronica. I've missed them dearly.

"You're right Ellie.
"Of course I am. Come on Meli we have to help with the lights" I tugged on him and made him come with me towards Eliane, King and Diane.

"Ellie would you mind wrapping these lights around the trunks of the trees? Captain if you could fly and spread the pixie dust on these trees that would be great too" Diane was on top of Kings shoulders as he flew them around each new tree Elaine sprouted. "Sureeee~" Meliodas agreed before grabbing the sparkly dust.

I took the lights and wrapped them as Merlin had done before the new trees. When we were done I backed away to look at the garden in full. "Beautiful!" I yelled happily as the girls cheered.

"We did good everyone! Now let's go force Ban to make us food!" Elaine held her stomach and led us into the palace.

"It smells so gooddddddd~~~" Mel stated as we got closer. "BAAAN~" king and Meliodas harmonized.
"Its already done children~" he teased as we all sat together.

"Ban I am not a child. I'm simply fun sized." Meliodas bickered a bit with him as they munched on dinner. "Arthur's allowing us to stay the night so we won't have to worry about time." Elaine mentioned between bites.

"What about our gowns?" Diane questioned. I was curious too.
"Merlin will be dropping off all of our outfits so no worries" Elaine made sure nothing was forgotten.

After dinner the girls and I decided to hit the spa while the boys did their own bonding. I sat back in the sauna with the two and we spent the majority of the time giggling about random things.

"I feel like we haven't had real girl talk in months" Diane exaggerated. "Ellie hows training going with Captain? We don't ever get to see what you two are working on."

"We've managed to learn how to control our powers. First separately and now we can do it together. Merlin taught us this soul resonance trick that allows us to heighten each others abilities. We've managed to connect our souls entirely and now we can even wield each others flames during it. I think it'll be a good advantage over the Nova Rebellion." I explained in a simplified way.

"I think when he'll be proud to see how far we've all come" Elaine smiled and Diane agreed "Captain believes in us all. Including the two that are on the front lines right now."

Meliodas had told me stories about their early adventures as the seven deadly sins. Gowther and Escanor we're a huge part of the crew. He told me all about Gowther and how analytical he is. Personal space wasn't his thing but it always made everyone laugh. Escanor was a prideful man and also one of the most powerful. Back then he was number one. I was excited to meet them. 3 months is all it took for me to get close to this group.

It seemed like such a long time but it was so short. I met a guy, we got close, he asked me to mate with him and now I'm engaged. Am I taking this too fast?

"Nails and eyebrows, Ellie?" I looked over at them and smiled "yea sounds good"