5

*Ren's POV*

I ignore two more calls from Lizzie and keep reading what I wrote about that first day.

When we got to my house she told me that I could do whatever I wanted with her hair, and I was pumped. I asked her if she like how my hair was and she said yes but probably not as dark.

I went into my bathroom and started fishing through my various hair dyes and find the ones that I am going to use. I pulled out a light brown and a bright red and called Lizzie in and ask what she thinks. She loves my idea and can't wait.

I grabbed an old tee shirt and the extra newspaper from downstairs and then met Lizzie up in my bathroom. She threw on the shirt and put a towel around her neck and before we knew it, her hair was light brown.

I remember looking in the mirror and seeing her grin like an idiot. I laughed and grabbed the red hair dye, preparing for the second stage of her dying her hair.

When the red hair dye was ready I brought her over to the bowl and dipped in her ends, making them a bright shade of red. When we were waiting for the dye to set we had more time to talk. I found out that she plays the piano and likes to sing. I asked about the guitar and she told me that she did when she was younger and she would love to learn again, but didn't have enough time.

When I was younger, I also played the piano, so I had a keyboard from America. I took her into my new room and she sat down, she asked if she could play I miss you on it while I played my guitar, and I was ecstatic. We played that song and a few others before I realized that she needed to get the hair dye out.

After we got it out we headed over to Cal's place.

It was a cozy little house in the middle of a nice looking neighborhood. The rest of that night was definitely the perfect end to a perfect first day. The whole night consisted of singing, playing instruments, laughing, pizza, talking about the future and even a little flirting.

Me and Cal really hit it off as friends that night and obviously that escalated within the last 6 months of my life. Lizzie and Luke also really started to get along, which was nice to see because I knew how much she wanted to be friends with these boys.

I heard a noise coming from the outside of the treehouse. I clutched my phone and was ready to call the police if this was going to end in a murder or some horror movie shit.

I looked toward the opening in the treehouse and not knowing what to expect, I jumped when a person popped her head through the window. I don't think I should have been surprised when Lizzie came into the treehouse, I mean, who else could it have been. She's the only other person that could have known where I am.

"I thought I would find you here" She said this with a little smile. She looked around the little treehouse with many emotions playing on her face. I could see her smiling from the memories and I could see the tears pulling at her eyes, ready to fall.

I stand up from where I was seated and pull her into a large hug. We both started crying into each other's shoulders, not knowing what to do.

After reading about that first day, and remembering how Lizzie and Luke had finally started to talk that day, it was fun to look at how far they had come. They had now been dating for longer than me and Cal, and I know that them being gone was hitting her almost as hard as it was hitting me.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She looked me straight in the eye when she said this, but when her eyes wandered to the treehouse, she saw my journal lying on the floor.