Good Friday & Easter Message

By Dr Marilyn Bouniu

Isaiah 9:6

John 3:16-17

Matthew 1:21

Luke 24:7

John 3:16-19

John 11:25-26

Romans 8:1-4

1 Peter 1:3-5

Titus 2:14

Today, we are gathered here for this Good Friday & Easter gathering in remembrance of what God has done for us.

Christmas is about the birth of a Saviour.

As it is written in Isaiah 9:6:

For unto us a Child is born,

Unto us a Son is given;

And the government will be upon His shoulder.

And His name will be called

Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Why did God send His Son?

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

And what did He come to save us from?

Matthew 1:21

And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.

Good Friday and Easter is about how and what did Jesus do to save us.

Luke 24:7 saying, 'The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.'"

Good Friday is the day when Jesus was crucified, and Easter is the day when Jesus rose back to life.

Jesus was crucified for our sins, taking the punishment of sin on our behalf. Jesus rose from the punishment of death to life again that we may receive the gift of eternal life with God in heaven.

Belief (Faith) in Christ is crucial.

John 3:16-19

John 3:16

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

John 3:17

For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

John 3:18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:19

And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

John 11:25-26

John 11:25

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.

John 11:26 And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?"

Romans 8:1-4

Romans 8:1

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Romans 8:2

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

Romans 8:3-4

For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

1 Peter 1:3-5

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Holy God

Justice

Mercy

Grace

Titus 2:11-14

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.