At Night!

"I'm so proud of you Jungkookie!" Mom claps her hands happily. "I finally got you away from that damn computer screen."

"Don't worry." I smile sweetly. "I still have games on my phone."

My mother kills me with her glare. I burst out laughing.

"Funny." I wipe my eyes as I exit the car.

"I'll come get you in the morning." 

"You better." I make my way towards the wooden double doors that conceals the content of the Park family. Mrs. Park opens the door and waves to my mother.

Yuck. My mother has found a friend.

"Come in. He just finished bathing." Mrs. Park leads me into the mansion she calls her home.

It's only been a week and I'm already 100,000 won richer. This is the simplest of all jobs.

It's been so easy protecting that angry baby. He acts like he always does at school, no difference. But, when I walk him home to make sure he doesn't go off causing trouble (his parents words, not mine), he cries and whines about how awful his day was.

I stand and watch him cry for a bit but, when he starts to wipe his snot on his clothes, I interfere to get him to stop. Then, I take him to go get some ice cream or some snack kids like.

It's so easy. Thank you God for this simple job.

Tonight is date night for the parent Parks. I'm on duty for the entire night. This is my first time spending a whole night with little Jimin.

I wonder how this will go...

Mrs. Park shows me around the house. She tells me where Jimin's sippy cups (wow) are located, she tells me his bedtime, and how to treat him if he hurts himself.

"We'll be back tommorow morning." Mr. Park grabs the duffel bag resting on the glass table.

"Shouldn't there be more...baby stuff around here?" I ask the parents who showed me the bare minimum of childlike things that I thought Jimin would have.

"Oh please." Mrs. Park brushes me off. "This is just a phase. He'll get over it."

"Yeah. Once he graduates, he'll probably be better." Mr. Park agrees.

Hmm...how long has he been like this? Cause if it's been for over five years I think this is much more than a phase.

"We're leaving." Mrs. Park smiles. "Good luck."

Well, damn! She's acting like her son is a lion gone loose.

"Have fun." I wave to them and shut the door. It shouldn't be too bad tonight.

"They no like me."

My head snaps towards the small voice. Jimin stands on the last step of the stairs. He has on baby blue pajamas, a white pillow hugged tightly to his chest.

"You no like me either." Jimin's sad eyes seep into my barricaded heart. Man, he looks so depressed.

"We don't know each other that well yet. You can't say that I don't like you."

Jimin stares at me for a minute. He steps off of the stairs and he goes into the living room, I follow him.

"You need anything?" I ask once he curls into a ball on the couch.

"Wawa." He answers with big, doe eyes.

"Wa-what?" The hell did he just say? This must be the little language that his parents certainly did not teach me!