Secret Revealed?

Yesterday was strange. Real strange.

Enough for me to go into my room without playing any of my online games. That hasn't happened since I discovered online games, ten years ago.

What happened on the field yesterday?

I know, your typical game of tag football was commencing but, there was a catch at the end.

Why was the school's bully, troublemaker, the guy who scares kids out of their pants, crying? Why did his voice get so high? And why did he talk like a baby?!

I'm so confused...

"What are you drawing?" My classmate, Yugyeom, stares over my shoulder.

"I don't even know." I rest my pencil down. I don't even have the passion to sketch, that's how bizarre this situation is.

"Well whatever it is, it looks dope." He nods his head as he stares at my sketchbook. It's a picture of a rose, a rose sketched in pencil. It doesn't look the greatest.

But, I'll take the subtle compliment.

The bell rings and off to the rest of my hellish day. School is a drag. If only I could drop out.

But, I'm seventeen years-old and jobless. Good luck dropping out without any money, me. I'll stick with this torture for a little longer.

Once again, it's time for lunch. As always, it's quiet in the library.

I'm not feeling too hungry today. In chemistry, Mr. Crazyidiot poured a chemical reactant onto a slice of white bread. Seeing the white bread bubble up and decompose before my eyes was a bit unsettling.

I'm not in the mood for my sandwich made with white bread.

So, I settle for sketching out the layout of the library. As my pencil dances across my paper, I realize how lacking our gossipy librarian is at her job.

These books are a mess.

"Jeon? Jeon Jungkook?"

My head shoots up once I hear my name. The librarian looks at me as she talks to someone on the school's phone.

"Yes, he's here. Send him now? Okay." She ends the call.

"They want you in the office."

The office? Did I do something? I've never been to the office before.

I pack up my things and I start the long walk to the office.

A thousand scenarios race through my mind. Am I getting suspended? Am I getting an award for my academics? Did something happen to my parents?! Why do they need me in the office!

I finally entire the cramped room, Miss secretary points towards the hallway near the back of the office. I guess I'm supposed to go there.

Upon entering the hallway, Principal Forehead is standing in the doorway to his office.

"Come." His rough voice calls me.

Hesitantly, I enter his office. That's when I see a woman and a red-faced Jimin. Wait...what is this?

"Sit Mr. Jeon." Principal Forehead gestures for me to take a seat in the empty chair. I oblige.

"Umm." I start nervously. "What's this?"

"Well," Principal Forehead clears his throat.

"You saw him yesterday right?" The woman turns to me.

"Saw what?"

"You saw how Jimin changed, don't lie!" She points her finger into my chest.

"Mom." Jimin tugs on the woman's sleeve. Ohh, this is his mother.

"Yes, I did. I am a bit...concerned about it." I scratch the back of my head nervously.

"Okay Jungkook." Principal Forehead begins now. "What we're about to tell you must--and I repeat must!- remain a secret." He stares at me firmly.

"Okay..." I am seriously so confused.

"Jimin is a little." His mother confesses.

"What is that? Is that why he's short?"

"I'm not short!" Jimin yells at me.

"No, that's genetics." His mother denies. "It's a condition he has."

So, for the remainder of my day, I am informed about the school bully's shocking secret.

He's this thing called a 'little'. And this is when he acts younger than he actually is. Like two to five years-old. But, he's not like that every time of the day, it's only when he slips into headspace. Which I never knew was a thing.

And so apparently this bad boy, "I'm gonna kick your butt into oblivion" persona is pretty much a hoax. A hoax to hide his secret.

When he's normal=bigspace. When he's a little=littlespace.

I sit for a while staring at the wall. The new information surges through my mind. This is worst than learning acid-base reactions in chemistry.

What makes him act younger than he is? Dude has muscles, a loud mouth and an attitude worse than villians in anime.

I turn my head to the other three people in the room. My eyes meet with Jimin's.

"Why?"

"Look," His mother intercepts our eye contact. "Jimin has had an eventful childhood. I don't know why he has it either but just accept that he does have it."

I see Jimin give his mother the stink eye, I chose to keep my mouth shut. That's a nasty stare rooted with hatred. Maybe he doesn't like his mother.

"Okay fine." I give in. What is there for me to lose? I'm just learning some information about Park Jimin, the anger-filled boy in the same grade as me. "I accept it."

"Good. Now, you must protect his secret." Mr. Forehead pulls out a sheet of paper. He lays it on his desk.

"What?"

The collar of my uniform is grabbed by Jimin's mother, no wonder he's like that.

"You're going to make sure no one finds out about this. You're going to protect Jimin's true identity." His mother barks at my face.

"Why should I?" I mean, I'm not friends with him and he kind of punched me in my face yesterday for such a dumb reason.

I could go and expose him. Telling everyone that the big bad wolf is actually one of the three little piggies in disguise.

"I'll expel you." Principal Forehead threatens.

"Go ahead." A great reason for school to end.

Jimin glares at me. His eyes look anything but mad; those are sad eyes. I know it sounds heartless but, I can't just force myself to keep such a good secret quiet.

"Fine!" Mrs. Park crosses her arms. "We'll pay you!"

Pay? Oh yeah.

"My mouth is zipped shut." I smile as three pairs of eyes pierce through me.

What can I say, money makes the world go round.

munaye
Thanks for reading!
Baaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyiiiiiiiieeeee