Lesson!?

"ARGH! It's too hard!" Jimin grabs a handful of his hair.

"You're not even trying! Do it better!"

"I can't...it's...it's too much!" Jimin slams his head onto the dining table.

"There are bigger problems than this in the world." I tap my finger against his blank worksheet. He groans frustratingly.

I hate to say it but, this guy is an idiot. I mean, how do you not know your times table by heart? We're freaking juniors in high school!

For the past hour, I've been tutoring big Jimin. His grades are a disgrace and his parents are adamantly upset with him. As an all A's honor roll student, I offered to tutor him. But this is harder than dealing with him as a five year-old!

"I give up." Jimin chucks his pencil across the table. It rolls onto the floor.

"You cannot give up that easily. Think of this as one of your notorious fights. You never give up then."

"Because people piss me off."

"And this work doesn't?" I fire back.

"Forget you!" Jimin glares at me as he crosses his arms.

"You can forget me." I clear my throat and slide that blank worksheet towards him. "You can also start doing your work now. I taught you the basics."

"No. It's too hard." He stares at me defiantly.

"You're too hardheaded." I stare at him angrily. If he doesn't pass this next test, his parents said they're going to deduct my payments. That's so unfair!

This boy will do this work! I swear, no one is going to ruin my fabulous pay check.

"I'm not doing it." Jimin turns his head and gets up from the dining table.

"Sit down." I order him firmly. He turns to look at me but, continues his merry trip to the kitchen. He's trying me, oh not on my watch.

"Jimin." He freezes. "Sit your ass down right now."

I don't normally curse outloud but, once someone interferes with my money making, I will say and do anything to prevent my decline in pay.

Jimin slowly makes his way back to his seat. He slumps in the seat and avoids my eyes.

"You're going to do this work." I stand up and slam the paper in front of him; he flinches.

"Do it."

No response. Jimin continues to stare at the glass table.

"Hmm?" I rub my chin. "Ah man. How many spanks should you get today? 50? 100? 300?"

"It's not even possible to do 300!" He finally perks up.

"Then do your work or else I'll make it possible!"

"You-tch!" Jimin picks up his pencil and finally starts to do his work.

"I'm what?" I taunt him.

"Nothing." Jimin pouts.

"Not man enough to say it huh? 100 of them it is." I nod my head and proceed to get up.

"No!" Jimin grabs my arm. "I was going to call you a bastard. There! Are you happy?"

"Being blunt and sassy? 50 for sure."

Jimin glares at me. His grip around his pencil is so tight, his knuckles are turning white. I accept his glare and I fire it right back at him. The little punk doesn't have the upper hand anymore; I do.