Chapter 23

We had to stay like that for an hour. I don’t want talk or even think about it. After this uncomfortable experience, we managed to slip away without anyone questioning us.

“Which way do we head now Chantelle.” Midnight asked.

“I don’t know. If we find a map I could tell you though.” Chantelle replied. I looked around the stations platform. There was man at the other end of the platform. Midnight had spotted him and was walking towards him. I decided I would go with her because they are a lot of jerks in the world and I didn’t want to waste time having to bail her out of jail.

“Hi, do you have a map of Texas that I can borrow.” Midnight asked.

“Yes, sure.” He said. He took a map out of his bag. It was folded up neatly. He gave it midnight as he did he looked up at Midnight and me. He looked shocked.

“Midnight, Midnight O Gato. Is that you?” He asked. What how did he know her name? Do they know each other?

“Maybe,” she replied uncomfortably.

“What are you doing here?” he said.

“What are you doing here?” she repeated.

“I’m on my way to MHI.” he answered.

“We are going there too. We just don’t know the way.” she replied.

“I can give you a ride there if you want.” he said.

“That would be great. Let me just go tell the others and we can head off.” she answered. She started to take big strides towards the others. I scurry after her trying to catch up. We arrive at the destination and Midnight starts to talk to the others. I interrupt her by saying:

“How do you know him?”

“Friend from my old school. ” Midnight replied. She just kept explaining her plan to them. Then we were ready. We headed back towards Midnight’s friend.

“Ready to go?” he asked

“I think so.” Midnight answered.

 He leaded us to a land rover and unlocked it. We opened the doors to the car. The door I tried to open was stuck. I couldn’t open it ‘the ex’ came over to me and opened it.

“Thanks-.”I said my voice stringed along. I didn’t know his name.

“It’s Thomas. No problem any way that door is always very to open.” Thomas explained.

I got in the car and we drove off. We travelled down the road for about 5 miles then we went on to the desert terrain.

“So when did you become part of the MHI?” Thomas asked.

“A couple of months ago, we all joined together.” Chantelle said.

“Oh, so you’ve done the incitation ritual then.” Thomas said. We all looked at Chantelle. None of us knew anything about this stuff except her.

“Yes, the first trial was hard but after that we got the hang of it.” Chantelle replied.

Then the car pulled to a stop. We were in the middle of a desert. What? Why have we stopped?

“We are here,” Thomas said.

“We in the middle of nowhere, Midnight are you sure he’s not-” Dan said waving his finger in a circle next to his head.

“Yes he is sane. We are going to the Headquarters of a secret facility. Did you expect it to be in the open?” Midnight said.

“Well, I guess not.” Dan answered. He started messing with his blonde hair pushing it up so it stands on end. He obviously uses gel. We followed Thomas towards a rock and there was a pad. It was a hand scanner. He pressed his hand on it. Then there was the sound of something unlocking. A massive hatch opened from the ground, the entrance to the Headquarters of MHI- finally. We stomped down the steel path to a large crowd of people hovered around a stage the stage had a camera on. But not just a normal camera, a professional camera the kind of one they use for live shows. These people are serious. They don’t want to just record it for research; they want to show the whole world.  We better move fast or Adam may be doomed.

“Thomas, we’ve got to go talk to some people. We’ll see you later.” Midnight said. Then she took us all to the side.

“Chantelle any idea where he may be.” Midnight asked.

“No, he could be anywhere.” Chantelle replied.

“How about each of us check a different floor.” Dan suggested.

“That might work.” Bella said.

“Everyone move out and do it fast. We need to find him.” Midnight commanded.