Chapter 21

“So what were you doing at 3:15 pm.” I ask.

“It’s called sleeping.” Midnight replied.

“At 3 in the afternoon.” I said.

“Yes.” Midnight said.

“Fine then, you can go.” I said.

Dan was next.       

“Did you do it?” I asked.

“Do what?” he replied.

“Did you sell out Adam to the MHI?” I answered.

“Why would I do that to a friend?” he said.

“Because this friend kept a secret from you for so many years and the fact he’s the thing we’ve been training to hunt.” I stated.

“Still I would never do that to Adam to anyone for that matter.” he explained.

“Ok, where were you at 3:15 pm.” I asked.

“I was waiting to use the phone. Chantelle was using it for over half an hour.” he said.

“Ok, thanks. I think I know how the culprit is.” I tell him.

It was Chantelle. That bitch. They were still all standing in a line. I turn to face Chantelle.

“It was you.” I said.

Her face had no emotion.

“You cow, you broke your own promise.” Midnight shouted.

“So? He’s a vicious beast. You all know it was him or us.” she snarled.

“I’ve had enough of this.”  Midnight shouted.

“Why don’t you shut up, bitch.” Chantelle shouted back.

“That’s it!” Midnight shouted again. She ran at Chantelle and knocked her onto the floor. They started to fight. Then Chantelle grabbed a knife from her jacket. She started to slash it in the air towards Midnight. She dodged it but it caught her leather jacket. Midnight looked at her jacket. She flung it off furiously. Then kept fighting as she did I notice a black symbol on her arm. It was a circle with three triangles pointed to the centre and a w was written over it. She had a tattoo but how is that possible? We are all 15. What does that symbol mean anyway? Chantelle called out,

“Ok, you win. Please no more I can’t feel my leg.”

We took her down to the infirmary. It turns out Chantelle’s leg was broken. She had to have cast on. Now that she was weak Midnight made her talk.

“What are they going to do to Adam?” Midnight interrogated.

“Why should I tell you? You broke my leg, not my pride,” Chantelle snarled.

“What you want me to break that too.” Midnight threatened.

“Fine, you want to know what they’ll do to him. They’ll show what he is to everyone and then they’ll hand him over to the scientists. I think all know what’s happens after that.” Chantelle said.

“Where is the MHI base,” Midnight asked.

“I’m not telling you anything else,” Chantelle answered.

Midnight gets in Chantelle face. Her face was threatening and kind of scary.

“It’s in Texas.” Chantelle bursts out. Midnight drops her back down in the chair.

“That’s in the USA.” Bella said.

“I’ll get the jet ready.” Midnight said.

Everyone looked confused.

“What jet?” I asked.

“The school’s jet.” she said. I watched Midnight walk out of the room. Then I turned my eyes back to Chantelle. She was staring at Midnight and smirking. What?

Bella, Dan, Amy and I looked around for Midnight. Then I heard a rumble outside.

“Do you hear that?” I asked.

“Hear what?” Bella replied.

“She’s probably just hearing things,” Amy said.

“I swear I just heard something outside.” I explained.

“We should go check.” Dan said. We pushed open the doors that led to the football pitch. There was a sliver jet. A door on the side opened.

“Come on. Get in, we need to get there soon.” Midnight called from the jet. We step on to the jet.

“Wait for me.” Chantelle shouted from behind us.

“You are staying here.” Bella replied.

“Well how are you going to get in? I’ll come in handy if I come.” Chantelle said.

“Fine, get in.” Midnight said. She was sitting in the driver’s seat. Chantelle gets in and we fly off to Texas.