Chap 5

Alexis' POV

"I can't let more people die," I said.

"You're going to die," said Blake.

"Don't worry," I said. "I got my dad and my uncle."

"I'm calling you crazy," said Blake.

"This is exactly why I said you weren't ready to know about the other half of my life," I said. We got to the house. Dad grabbed a duffel bag and we walked inside. "Okay. So, what is the plan?"

"You're driving the Impala for the first time," said Dean. "We'll be hiding in the woods."

"Whatever you do, do not get too close," said Dad.

"Dad, I can take care of the vamps," I said. "Of myself, just not a nest." I smiled and thought to myself. "Wait, the Impala? The woods? What are you talking about?"

"You're bait," said Dad. "The vampires have your scent." I sighed. "They're going to be chasing you because you're the one who got the girlfriend killed."

"I wasn't going to get Blake or I killed," I said. "Or my friends and family."

"I am going to get these arrows dipped in Dead Man's Blood," said Dean walking into the kitchen. "And get geared up guys!"

"I'm good," I said.

"Alexis," said Dad in a serious tone. "You need to change your shoes." I looked at my boots. "It's going to require some fighting."

"Fine," I said. "I'll also grab my gear." I walked up to my room and Blake followed. He sat on my bed a sI changed my boots to black high tops. "Blake, I know you're confused."

"There's no such thing as vampires," said Blake. "At least that's what I want to believe."

"Well, it's not," I said as I grabbed my After Romeo journal. "You probably won't ever believe me but maybe you will after reading this." I handed him my journal. "It's all my research and everything Dean and Dad has taught me since I was nineteen. There's also some information in there that I shouldn't know about but I do." Blake opened it and stopped at a page that had a photo of me, Dad, Dean, and Grandpa. "It tells you everything I know."

"Who's this?" asked Blake pointing at Grandpa.

"That's my grandfather, John Winchester. I met him a couple times before he died," I said. "He was a hunter as well and he died saving Dean's life. The picture was taken just minutes before he died."

Blake turned the page. "Who's this?" asked Blake.

"Mary Winchester, my grandmother," I said. "I never met her and I won't get the chance to." I looked at Blake. "She was killed by a demon when my dad was only six months old." I sighed. "My uncle wrote the whole story down in there somewhere."

"Alexis," Dean's voice echoed through the hall.

"I'm coming," I shouted. "I just don't want you to think I'm crazy."

"I might get a better understanding," said Blake. "But crazy or not, I love you for you."

"Thanks," I said. We walked downstairs and Dean put the keys in my hands. "That's new."

"You're dropping us off in the woods first before going to the nest to lure them to us," said Dean. "Please take care of my baby."

"Your precious care is going to be fine," I said. "Let's go." We got into the car and started driving. "Just don't get me killed."