Chap 14

Dean's POV

"What?" I asked walking down the stairs. "I'm coming."

"Yeah, yeah, said Sam.

"Let's go," I said. We put our bags on the floor board of the backseat. Alexis behind the driver and Blake behind the passenger seat in the back. Sam passenger and I in the driver seat. I turned on the music and Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor was on. "God dammit!"

"Yes!" Alexis exclaimed.

"Seriously?" asked Sam.

"What?" I asked.

"What is with the two of you and this song?" asked Sam.

"Dean made a deal with me," said Alexis.

"You did?" asked Sam.

"Yeah and it was stupid of me to," I said. "I made a deal saying that if Eye Of A Tiger plays at least once during our trip, then she can plug her phone into this friggin' AUX cord and listen to whatever she wants."

"You said yes to a stupid deal," said Sam. "She knows you listen to Eye Of The Tiger at least once."

"I know," I said. "I think I was drunk."

"You think?" asked Sam.

"Rising up, back on the street," sang Alexis. "Did my time, took my chances." I smiled. "Come on Uncle Dean."

"Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet," sang Alexis and I. "Just a man and his will to survive."

"So many times, it happens too fast," I sang. "You change your passion for glory." I looked at Alexis in the rearview mirror. "Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past. You must fight just to keep them alive!"

"It's the eye of the tiger. It's the thrill of the fight," we all sang. "Rising up to the challenge of our rivals. And the last known survivior stalks his prey in the night.  And he's watching us all with the eye of a tiger."

"You've been holding out on me, Sammy!" I exclaimed.

"No, I just chose not to sing," said Sam.

"I didn't know you knew Eye Of The Tiger," said Alexis.

"It's a classic," said Blake.

"Classic Rock is basically every song you'll hear when you're on the road with us," I said. "Unless Eye Of The Tiger plays, then Alexis controls the song."

"Which is pop and EDM," said Alexis smiling.

"My favorite style of music," said Blake. The song ended and I handed Alexis the AUX cable. "What song are you playing first?"

"The song you serenaded her with," said Sam. "In Dallas."

"Song About You," said Alexis.

The song played and Blake's part came up. "Going through a dozen other difficult plans. Looking at the sunset while I'm holding your hand," sang Blake. "Sure sounds corny when I think to myself, I gotta try something else 'cause..."

"Sounds even better in person," said Alexis.

"Guys, no chick flick moments," I said.

"Uncle Dean, just because you don't have someone doesn't mean you can ruin other people's happiness," said Alexis. "We need to find you a permanent girlfriend that you're going to marry. How about Jo? She seems to have the hots for you."

"Last time we dated, she died," I said. "Her dad traded in his life for her."

"And Grandpa did the same for you," said Alexis. "Come on."