Prologue

Two days ago

Logan's P.o. V

"You fucking disgust me. Go pack your shit, you are going to live with Torryn in London. God damn, Logan, I can't have you living here under my roof, knowing what you do and I sure as hell won't let you stay with friends. I have never felt this way in my life. I was fine dealing with the smoking and partying and total lack of respect for how you dress, but I can't deal with a disgusting slut of a daughter."

I knew what I did was wrong. I just needed to get my grade up in Dr. Callahan's class. I'd heard from different girls that that was how they got the extra credit but the minute I try to blow him he blows the fucking whistle. Now, here I am in my room, filling up my two gigantic suitcases with all of my things from my shoes to my jewelry. I made sure I left my phone and laptop there because Mom would just turn them off anyway.

After packing up my books I awkwardly brought them downstairs and outside where an Uber was waiting to take me to the airport.

Thirty minutes later I was going through security and waiting for my flight. I boarded an hour later. I had only been to London once and that was when my mom and Torryn's dad got married but I was like six. Torryn is six years older than me. I always thought that he was cute. He'd only been to the States once in all the time our parents were married, but that had been when Derek died four years ago.

Now Torryn is some big kahuna. He's the owner of my stepfather's software company and filthy rich. I don't care about any of that because he's probably just going to be flaunting it around and not caring about what he spent it on.

I finished Jane Eyre just as the plane touched down in London. I got off and went to the baggage claim. With my bags in hand, I went to go find Torryn. I looked everywhere in the chaos that surrounded me for Torryn. There was still no sight of him until I saw a man holding a sign with my name on it and Torryn nowhere to be found.

"Good evening, Miss Ripley. My name is Felix. Allow me to take your luggage," the chauffeur said.

"Thank you, Felix. I was expecting my brother."

"Mr. Carter sends his dearest apologies. He had to go to a last-minute gathering a little earlier this evening. He should be done no later than midnight. You will be able to see him in the morning."

"Well, this is going to take some getting used to."

"I believe you'll manage."

Felix, for a small man, picked up my suitcases with ease. When we left the building, sitting out front was a limo. My brother wanted people to gawk at me. I climbed in, and not long after we were off to the place where I will probably be until in ninety.