Mother Carter

Logan's P.o.V

When we got home, Torryn went to his room. He hadn't said a word to me since I left to go to lunch with Anna. I don't know if I did something wrong and I tried to get him to talk to me but he just kept waving me out of his office. I changed out of my work clothes and into a pair of leggings and an off the shoulder crop top I made from one of my high school t-shirts. I went back downstairs to watch TV. I found that Torryn had Netflix. I searched for something to watch until I found That 70's Show. I settled in to watch just as Torryn came into the room with his hair still wet like he just got out of the shower. His v-neck was pulled taut against his chest and biceps. His sweats were hanging low in his hips. 

"What are you watching?"

"Oh, just a show I've recently just gotten into. You want to watch?"

"No, I'm fine. I'll be in my office if you need anything. Oh and don't forget my mother is coming for dinner. So please, dress appropriately. I'm presenting you to her as my girlfriend. She doesn't know about my 'step-sister'."

"Okay, you don't need to worry. I have something perfect to meet your mother."

"That is what I am afraid of."

There was a few hours until dinner was ready. I finished a couple of episodes before heading up to my room and got ready. I changed into a black fitted high waisted midi skirt with a slit on the side and white mid sleeve off the shoulder blouse. I took my hair down and framed it around my face and put on light makeup. I slipped into a pair of black pumps. I headed downstairs just as I heard the doorbell ring. 

"Hello, Ms. Carter may I take your coat?" Felix asked. 

"Oh, thank you, Felix. Where is my son?" 

"I am right here mother."

I made it downstairs and began walking into the large foyer. Standing there next to Torryn was the woman I could only assume was his mother. I could see where he got his gorgeous gray eyes. She was beautiful. She was probably only in her mid to late fifties but she still looked young. Torryn turned as he heard my heels. 

"Mother, I would like you to meet someone," I walked up to him as he took me in his arms. "Mother, this is Logan Ripley. She is my girlfriend from America."

"How do you do, Ms. Carter."

"Well, Torryn, she is definitely an upgrade from Elizabeth. She is polite and has manners whereas that woman was a bloody snob."

"Well, thank you. My parents drilled in me to always be polite and respectful," I said through clenched teeth and a smile.

Then Torryn pulled me closer and kissed the side of my head and smiled down at me. We pulled away and headed to the dining room to have dinner. It was awkward sitting there watching Torryn and his mother talk and laugh. I never had a very good relationship with my own mother and seeing them interact with each other that way was a little uncomfortable.

"So, Logan, what is it that you like to do in your free time?"

"Oh, I love making my own clothes. I sometimes go to stores and find pieces that I might want to change a little and make them into something else. My mom thought that I was a trouble maker so she was really tough on me. She told me that the only way I was going to get new clothes was to either get a job or spend my allowances wisely. So I would spend my allowances to buy fabric or clothes, and I also got a job to help pay for more fabric. I used my mom's old sewing machine. So most of the clothes that I wear I have made."

"Torryn, did you know this?"

"Yes, the first day she was here she told me. So I helped her get the things she needed."

"Well, I would like to offer you a job. I know you are my son's secretary, but I believe I may have use for you. Of course, you can have some time to think about it."

"Well thank you so much, Ms. Carter."

"Please, call me Katherine."