05 | Paisley

The music vibrates through the house. Singing through the thick walls and assaulting my ears as I get out of the car. I follow my team as they get out of the other one and start for the house.

We'd brought two cars, because I knew one of us wouldn't be able to last here for long and would leave.

"Everyone know what they're doing?" I question.

"Gathering information."

"Have fun. Drink."

"Girls"

"Get Paisley laid."

"Correct, Windsor. Information." I glare at the others as they chuckle. Reid looks at me perplexed, mouthing 'What's wrong with getting laid?'

Ryland walks toward Windsor, the only girl he has ever had his sights on.

Artemis looks at the party, at the people. Boys and Girls alike and she smirks.

I walk through the group and up to the front door, twisting the knob and pushing it open.

I release a breath and smile, looking back at the others.

"Have fun." I smirk and step inside, letting the crowd swallow me. Artemis follows me in as the rest separate from us.

Ry and Windsor walk up the stairs and disappear while Reid walks for the dancing crowd.

I grab Artemis hand and squeeze it. "Let's go find Jackson"

"Jackson? I thought we were looking for Alessio?"

"Where one is, you'll find the other."

She takes the lead, pulling me through the tight spaces as I look around for our targets.

I catch Harley against the wall with Enzo and pull Artemis back. "How's Harley going?"

"I like her, Enzo is a bit hard to get through to but I'll manage."

"They're over there." I nod my head and Artemis stumbles to a stop.

"Where?"

I pull on her hand and point her to Harley and Enzo. "Go." I push her towards them and turn towards the near empty kitchen before she can find me again.

I open the fridge and pull a bottle of something out of it before turning and taking a seat on the island. I twist the cap and take a swig of the vile liquid.

"You know, the parties out there." Alessio enters the kitchen, a drink in hand gesturing to the way he just came from.

"Is it?"

"So then why are you here?"

"Why are you here?" I cross my legs and take another swig of the drink, tilting my head at him.

"I saw you come in."

"Watching me, are we?"

"No-" He stops and takes a sip, stalking forward and leaning against the cabinets opposite me. "Maybe." He takes another sip. "Jackson's intrigued by you."

"I'm an intriguing person."

He smiles. "He's interested in you."

"And what if I tell you, I'm interested in you?"

"He won't like that."

"Do you always follow him? Do as he asks?" I question, my curiosity taking the reins.

"Some of us don't have choices in what we can do."

I don't argue, knowing that it can be true.

"Have you guys always been friends?"