13 | Paisley

I roll my eyes, mouth pursed but a smile still tilts the corners up

"I'm sure." I say softly, "I do like a bit of fun."

Another chuckle sounds in the air, his blue eyes twinkling with mirth, his face drawing closer to mine.

"Do you?" He hums, his lips hovering over mine, eyes connected to my own hazel ones.

"Uh huh." I nod my head, my lips skimming his.

"Oh my god, just kiss already."

I reel back, eyes wide and hand flinching to where I know a gun is stashed in the emergency bag.

Alessio swears, hands flying to his wound as his back slams into the couch.

I spin, glaring daggers at Artemis as she winks back at me. "What?"

I grind my teeth. "Did I say you could come back?"

Artemis grins, "I think I heard my name."

"I didn't -" I start.

"Nope, yeah I definitely heard my name."

"She didn't say your name." Alessio grinds out, slightly glaring at her.

My own eyes glare at her but she only smiles cheekily, "You didn't? Well I'll just be going then." She spins on her heel, rushing out of the room.

I roll my eyes, glancing back at Alessio.

Lifting the vodka bottle, I tilt it his way. "Drink?"

The bottle is out of my hand before I can blink.

I quickly pack everything back into the bag. I wipe the excess blood off with Alessios forgotten shirt, yet my hands are still stained with red.

He raises a brow at me.

I shrug. "What? It's already dirty."

He hands the bottle back to me and I grab it, maintaining eye contact with him as I take a sip.

"How's it feel?" I mutter to him, nodding my head at the wound.

"I'll be fine."

"That's not what I asked." I say as I screw the cap back on the bottle, placing it on the lounge and standing up, the bag in my grip.

"Fine."

I nod my head as if I believe him, but I don't.

"You should clean it regularly, probably see a doctor-"

"I'm not seeing a doctor."

"Okay." I hum, beginning to turn.

"Where are you going?" He asks, leaning forward slightly on the lounge, tilting his head at me.

"Home." I mutter, turning.

"Why?"

"I came here to stitch you up, in case you forgot, my job is done." I gesture to his stomach.

"I didn't forget." He tells me.

My phone buzzes with a message, dads name popping up on the screen.

I quickly swipe across and read the message, tilting my head curiously.

House. ASAP.

"I have to go." I say softly, my mind elsewhere as I stuff the phone back in my pocket.

"Leaving so soon?" Artemis asks as she wonders back in, Harley and Enzo in tow.

"Yeah, dad texted." I raise a subtle brow and she nods her head, her eyes straying around the room.