27 | Artemis

Gun powder assaults my senses, the gun bouncing in my grip as I release another bullet into the room.

I squint my eyes, narrowing my focus on the target paper infront of me, pride erutpting in my veins.

I smile back at the sheet as I press the button to bring it forwards, looking at the smiley face I made in the paper.

I take the sheet off and lay it next to the other ones I'd completed, looking to the booth next to me and watching as the target sheet flies forward.

Dad smiles at me as he grabs the sheet, sticking his tongue out mockingly.

"I win" he mouths

I scoff, taking my ear muffs off "No, you didn't"

"Don't be a sore loser, bubs" he pouts and musses up my hair, hugging me to him as we leave the shooting range.

"Stop calling me bubs" I shoulder away from him, fixing my hair.

"Why?" He chuckles "you are my bubs"

"You're so annoying" I scoff but smile regardless.

We drop off our items at the desk before walking to the front of the building, knowing mum was waiting for us.

Dad and her were going to the doctors today, going to see if my little sibling was okay and hopefully dad can convince mum to find out the gender, instead of keeping it a surprise like she wants to.

The door slams shut behind us as we exit the shooting area, the loud sounds dimming to a slight buzz as we walk towards mum, who turns to smile at us, brown hair in loose waves down her back.

"Angel" Dad smile, kissing her forehead and nods to the man at the counter "Morning Gary"

The bear of a man smile, the wrinkles around his eyes deep with happiness.

"Mornin' Sebastian, little one" He smiles at me.

"Hi Gary" I grin, leaning on the desk "Hows the family?"

"Same old, Same old. I'm going to be a grandfather, Colton and his husband were just accepted to adopt a baby, Cecelia just broke up with her boyfriend, don't think she's cut up about it though, she's planning on moving to new york to persue her career. Janet just got her hip replaced as you know, complains about not getting it done years ago"

"What about you?" I ask

"I'm still kicking, got a beautiful family. Can't complain"

"Good to hear, Gary"

After my family started the new agency, aunt Holland had gone out searching for a few recruits she new, Gary was one of them. He is an ex agent, the shrapnel in his body preventing him from the full work load of an agent. So he's our weapons and tracing instructor. He used to train mum and aunt Holland when they were younger. They had the Director, my good for nothing grandfather training them but he was useless.

Good riddance to the ass I say.

I turn away as Gary goes to help a customer, looking towards my parents and smile at the disgustingly sweet dispay of their affection.

"Break it up" I snap, clicking my fingers by their close faces.

Mum chuckles and slaps my hand down gently.

"Ready to go, John?" Mum asks dad, my mum was the only one that ever called dad by his middle name, everybody else called him Sebastian.

"You good to get home by yourself, Bubs?" Dad says as he and mum look at me.