Chapter Twenty-Seven: Just the way you are

Autumn's P.O.V.

The drive back home is a silent one and I am grateful to Jade for knowing me well enough to know that I am not ready to talk yet. Who needs a stupid Fairy bond?

I can't help but wish there was another way to deal with this whole situation, than having to kill someone. But I know that even if I went with Orin to the Fairy world to be his stupid Sovereign, everyone I love would still be in danger, as Orin was a psychopath, and I would always be left wondering when he was going to kill them.

I take Jade's hand in mine and give it a tight squeeze.

"I need to tell you something," I say looking at our intertwined hands.

Jade takes her eyes off the road for a brief second, to let me know she is listening.

"I think when I ripped off Orin's wings, I took his abilities."

Jade is still silent, but she pulls over and puts the car in brake.

"Are you worried that you are gonna turn into him because you have his powers now?"

"No," I shake my head, "I was actually thinking that if my mom rips my wings out that I will be human and she will have enough power to rule over the Fairy world."

"Autumn, if you're doing this just so we can be together, I gotta say that I don't mind you being a Fairy. I accept you just the way you are."

"It's not like that. I have a few reasons for wanting this." I lift up her hand and gently press my lips against it.

"There are still Fairy Hunters and I have the feeling that the war between us is far from over. If I'm not a Fairy I can't put you in any danger. If I'm not a Fairy our children won't be Lutin's like I was. And if I'm not a Fairy I won't have multiple lifetimes. I'll get to grow old with you."

Tears well up in Jade's eyes, "I'll support any decision you make. I love you no matter what."

"I love you too," I lean in and kiss her.

We break free from our kiss and I tell her before we go home that we have to stop by Ace.

♀♀♀♀♀♀♀♀

Jade and I get out of the car, before we can even take a step we are both embraced and forced in a group hug, by Sally and Ace.

"Don't ever do that to me again," Sally punches me on the shoulder as we break free from the hug.

I laugh at her even though I am half surprised at how cool she is taking the fact that I'm a Fairy.

"I really am sorry Autumn. I've already apologized to Sally and she accepted. But it would mean a lot to me if I had your forgiveness too." Ace says, trying his best not to break eye contact with me.

"That depends..."

"On what?" he asks, fidgeting.

"Are you just apologizing because I beat you up?" I try my best to hide my smile but it doesn't work.

"Among other reasons," he says, and smiles, the good old fashion Ace smile that splits his face in two. That same old silly smile that looks like it hurts but the same smile that only he can pull off.

"Sure, I forgive you."

"Can I ask her now?" Sally asks looking over at Ace. He gives a nod of approval.

"So what are you?, I mean you have wings and who knows what else, and you can fly. It's amazing."

I change my eye colour to purple and let my ears take their pointy form.

Sally gasps and place her hand over her mouth. Then as if only noticing it for the first time she sees Jade's Fairy tattoo on her forearm.

"You're a Fairy?" she phrases the statement as a question.

"I have a million questions for you." Sally is as excited as a little kid who came across a bag of candy.

"I'm afraid I can't tell you much, knowledge is power and in the wrong hands it can be very dangerous, so the less you know the safer you are."

Sally crosses he arms across her chest, and pouts, "fine but I still want to take me flying."

"I can't do that either. As of tonight I will no longer be a Fairy."

"How?" Ace asks looking between me and Jade.

"Lets just say I found a way to strip a Fairy's power without having to kill them. And seeing as all Hunters are part Fairy I can't tell you exactly how, as you will then inherit that power."

"Fair enough, you wanna keep your people safe, I can live with that." Ace says, and once again grabs me in for a hug.

"So where do we go from here?" Jade asks dangling the car keys in front of me. I take it form her, "now we go talk to my mom."

♀♀♀♀♀♀♀♀

"You're crazy. If I do that you will bleed out in minutes." My mom says, frantically shaking her head, "Not to mention you will be giving up your heritage.

"I'm not asking mom. I never wanted to be a Fairy in the first place. It has never brought me any joy and it's the reason I lost you for thirteen years of my life. If anything its more of a burden than a blessing. And as for the bleeding out thing, you get my power immediately so you can heal me. I just want a normal life. I don't want to feel different anymore. I've made up my mind and if you don't do it, I will find another Fairy who will."

"You are so stubborn, if I take your wings, you will never be able to cross the threshold to come visit me."

"But you can always cross the threshold to come visit me," I counter.

"Don't be such a smart ass. Take your Fairy form so I can do this before I change my mind."

I do as my mother says and take my full Fairy form, "Jade, I don't think you wanna be here to see this."

"It doesn't matter what you think. I told you, I'm here for you no matter what and I meant it."

"And you thought I was stubborn," I say peeking at my mom.

We both chuckle and my mom uses this distraction to rip both my wings from my back in one blow. I scream from the excruciating pain for what feels like hours before I black out.

♀♀♀♀♀♀♀♀

I wake up in my moms bed and Jade is next to me, holding me like we are one. When I shift myself up to a sitting position she wakes up.

"Are you okay?" She asks watching the features of my face carefully.

"I'm better now that I got to see you."

"Stop flirting with me. You had me and your mom worried to death when you passed out. And you've been asleep for two days."

"I can't help it, you're so beautiful and I can't believe how lucky am I to have you."

"Autumn I'm not joki" -

I cut Jade off with a heated kiss. Our tongues dancing around. I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her on top of me.

"I freaking love you." I say into her mouth.

"I freaking love you too."

THE END.