Chapter Four: Beautifully Unfinished

Jade's P.O.V.

I dig my hands in my hair, staring at my open maths book in front of me. I'm so frustrated because I can't concentrate and I can't concentrate because the only thing floating around in my big brain is Autumn on my bed, with her wet, sexy hair cascading down the sides of her face, chewing on the luckiest pencil alive. Wearing my favorite hoodie non-the-less. Her face has been scrunched together since we opened our books; and when she isn't chewing her pencil, the tip of her tongue is sticking out a little making her look extra cute. And here I thought that was impossible.

It's no wonder that I have been staring at the same fucking math problem for the last half an hour.

I slam the book shut and sigh very loudly, sending my pencil flying across my desk and onto my carpet.

Autumn looks up, relaxing her face. She slowly quirks up an eyebrow at me.

If I was standing, my knees would buckle. She is warming up to me a bit but I'm too afraid to get my hopes high.

"Time for a break?" Autumn asks, failing to hide her smirk.

I nod my head. We both stand up to stretch our legs. I leave the room to go to the bathroom. Once in there I splash my face with some cold water. It feels good on my skin, refreshing. I lean over the sink for several moments.

The door creaks open and I see two big ocean blue orbs catching my gaze in the mirror. Wordlessly she walks over and wraps her arms around my body, kissing the back of my neck. A throaty moan escapes when her lips tug on my earlobe. She spins me around and pushes me up to sit on the sink. I wrap my legs around her body, pulling her closer. Our lips find each other and her tongue enters my mouth. She slides her hand under my shirt she leaves a trail of tingles when she squeezes my hips. I hold my breath when she nears my breasts.

"What the hell are you doing in there?" Ace calls from the door. I put my fingers on my lips and turn my attention back to Autumn, only she isn't there. Everything shifts to perspective and my face heats up like I'm standing right next to the sun. I slipped into a steamy day dream about Autumn. It felt vivid, extremely vivid.

I stand in the bathroom until my cheeks pale again.

"I see Autumn is in your room, you two made peace yet?" Ace wiggles his eyebrows when I finally exit the bathroom. He smiles so wide that it actually hurts just looking at it.

"No, we're working on a stupid maths assignment."

His face grows serious and he stares at me for a while.

"You should tell her why you really left," he whispers.

"I see it tearing you both apart, being so close to one another and not being able to touch."

He bends down so that we're at eye level and places his hands on my shoulder

"But she'll deny it with everything she has because she's too afraid to let you in."

I drop my gaze to the floor. I want her back, but not if she is always gonna doubt me. She deserves someone she can trust.

I enter the room and Autumn is still on my bed. My cheeks warm when I catch her gaze because the day dream is still vivid in my memory. I hold up her jeans and t-shirt that are now dry. She jumps off the bed and takes them from me. I resist the urge to shiver when my hand touches hers. I sit behind my desk and search around in my drawer for a new pencil. Leaning back in my chair I play with the pencil between my fingers.

My first kiss with Autumn was a combination of fear and excitement. We were studying for our English final, and had been friends for almost a year. My feelings have been growing inside me like a bubble that was on the verge of popping. But Havencrest is a small town full of conservative old farts. Same sex relationships were frowned upon and Autumn always got a little uneasy watching Pretty Little Liars with me, especially around the scenes with Emily. I knew I'd die first because of an emotional overload before I ever risked telling her how I felt. Autumn was lying so close to me on the bed that her hip made contact with mine. She didn't seem to notice though because her head was buried behind that English book. Her eyes scanning over the pages as she read. For someone who hated school as much as she did, she sure put a lot of effort into getting good grades. Then like she could tell I was staring at her she stopped reading and looked me straight in the eye.