Meeting

Spirit and I were leaning against a wall, watching as the others socialized. Well, I say socialized, but Justin was just standing there listening to his music. Marie and Azusa were the only two who were actually talking. 

"(Y/N)!" Marie's voice pulled me out of my daze, irritating me a bit more. 

"Yes?"

"Come here, tell us about how you've been!"

". . .Fine." 

Spirit tried to contain his laughter, as I walked over to the other two women, I shot him a death glare over my shoulder. He gave me a thumbs up and I rolled my eyes, stopping in front of the other two women. Azusa raised a brow and asked,

"Were you two always that close?"

"Yes. We're just friends. I know what you two are insinuating and that's just gross. Spirit is like a brother to me." I replied, crossing my arms and Marie giggled, commenting,

"You two would make a charming couple, though."

"Oh, yeah? I just don't think my boyfriend would appreciate that." I replied, remembering the mark and her eyes went to that spot on my neck, asking,

"He's possessive, I see?"

"More than you know." I replied, blushing and thinking of Stein pulling me flush against him when another man's eyes would wander while we are out together. Or the dominating kisses in public for the whole city to see. Or the hickeys much like this one that he'd leave all over my body, marking me as his. 

Thinking about all of these things causes my face to tint pink. Marie giggled and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, wondering out loud,

"Stein is still in town. I might go visit him."

Spirit, seeing my posture stiffen, walked over to us and just before I snapped, he informed us,

"Lord Death should be coming in a few. We should get back in line." Looking at him, I sighed and nodded, agreeing,

"Yeah. You're right, Spirit. Let's go." 

We went to the end of the line. The order from left to right was me, Spirit, Azusa, Marie, and Justin. Running a hand through my hair, I rubbed my temple and mumbled, to Spirit,

"Thank you."

"Figured I should stop you before you took her head off." He replied, softly, making me chuckle and nod. 

"Wassup, guys!" Lord Death's childish voice came through the mirror, which indicated the start of the meeting. We all greeted him, briefly, with the exception of Justin who praised him within his greeting. Which made us all sweat drop and remember just how loyal he was to Lord Death. 

"Anyway, with Asura being free, madness is beginning to change things throughout the world. Enemies that have been dormant for long periods of time are beginning to awaken, natural disasters will occur, and other horrendous things will happen. As of now, the events have been minor, but we must prepare for when things escalate. . . (Y/N), you already know of your task. It's the whole reason I brought you back here."

"Of course, Lord Death." I replied, making the others with the exception of Spirit look at me curiously. 

Stein was the whole reason. I have a healing wavelength, much like Marie. However, I've trained to direct that wavelength directly to Stein. 

Flashback

"(Y/N), Lord Death is calling!" Troy called from upstairs and I turned off the stove, careful of my new injuries from the 'accident'. 

"Answer the damn mirror!" I called back, heading upstairs and to our room, slowly.

"Heya, Troy! Is (Y/N) around?"

"I'm here, Lord Death."

"Ah! You're hurt. Both of you."

"Well, yes. What's going on?"

"I need the both of you to come back to Death City."

"I'm not so-"

"We'll be there by Friday."

"Great! See you then!" 

Troy glared at me and we argued about it, but I won in the end. 

After Troy and I broke up, Lord Death told me about his plan to use my healing wavelength.

"I don't understand, Lord Death. How will this work?" I asked, skepticlly. 

"Through your connection with Stein, you will become familiar with his wavelength. Meaning, you will sesne when something is off before anyone else." 

"Okay."

"You can control this healing wavelength and make it work on Stein specifically."

"I get that. Why though? What is going on?"

"Asura has escaped."

". . ."

"His madness may get to him. If you truly care for him-"

"I'll do it. I just needed to know why first. I won't lose him. . .Not again."

Flashback End

As the meeting went on, Lord Death told the rest of the Death Scythes what their jobs were. Justin was tasked with being Lord Death's legs, Azusa his eyes, and Marie his ears all outside of Death City. Spirit was to be at his side at all times, in case anything were to happen in the city. I was to stay with Stein at all times, in case the madness began to get to him. 

"Alright. You are all dismissed! Enjoy getting settled and we will begin work on Monday!" 

"Bye, Spirit. See ya, Lord Death!" I said, basically running out of the room and Marie called,

"(Y/N), wait up!"

"I can't it's date night. I've to start getting ready!"

With that, I took off and headed for home. I wanted to see Stein so badly, it was silly.