Change

Three months later, I was helping fix up Death City and I heard a familiar voice say,

"How did I know I'd find you here?" Turning around, I smiled at Stein and he sighed, handing me a water. 

"I want to help too, Stein." I replied, pouting and he rubbed his temple, countering,

"You're pregnant. You should be home resting."

"I'm not incompetant. I can still help."

"Last month, when you weren't showing I agreed with you. Now, I can see your baby bump and I'm not comfortable with you being here."

"I can't just sit alone at home while you're out all day."

". . .Alright. I'll let you come to the Acadmey with me. The kids will be excited to see you." 

The next day, we went to the Academy and I let (Y/N) sit in my chair, as I wrote on the chalk board. Right before the bell rang, Maka and Soul came into the class, arguing. Chuckling, I got them to stop and look over at e, as I commented,

"Some things never change." 

"(Y/N)!" Maka exclaimed, rushing over to me and I stood up, pulling her into a hug. As she pulled away, she looked me up and down, asking,

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm good. Great actually."

"That's great! You're what three months now?"

"Yeah, just about."

"May I?"

She was motioning to my belly and I chuckled, nodding. She rubbed my belly and it almost looked as if she were glowing. Smiling, I looked over to Soul and he was looking at Maka, admiring her. 

"Soul, you can rub my belly too. If you want." I said, making him look up at me and blush, slightly. Maka looked back at him and grabbed his hand, placing it on my belly. The baby wasn't kicking yet, so all he could feel was my enlarged midsection. 

The bell rang and Stein told them, 

"Alright, go sit. You guys can visit with (Y/N) at lunch." They both nodded and went to their seats, quietly. Kids began to file into the room, some stopped to talk with me and some rushed straight by me, to sit down. Before class started, Spirit walked into the classroom and stopped, saying,

"(Y/N)! You look great."

"Thanks, Spirit." 

"Mhm. Stein, Lord Death sent me here to let you know we have a meeting after school. (Y/N) you too." 

Stein looked at him uninterested and nodded, leaning against his desk. Sitting down, I sighed and Spirit left as the tardy bell rang. 

"Hello class, before we continue with our lesson. Let's address someone you all haven't seen for a while. (Y/N)?" Stein started, looking at me and I smiled, waving at everyone.

"As you know, she's pregnant and isn't authorized for any strenuous activity. So, she won't be helping during our training. However, I know being cooped up in the house alone all day would drive her crazy. As such, (Y/N) will be back in class everyday." 

A few people asked questions about how I was doing and what being pregnant was like, but their lesson on resonance rate started soon after. As Stein talked, I looked around the room and noticed how similar everything was, yet it was different. The kids had grown, not just physically, but mentally. 

Blackstar was being quiet, Liz was paying attention to the lesson, Kid wasn't obsessing over symmetry, and Soul was paying attention to the lesson as well. However, Patty was taking a nap, Tsubaki was being quiet, Maka was taking notes, and Stein looked bored. Some things didn't change.