12

L

When I look over, Jungkook's fast asleep again. I prop a book open in front of his lowered head, giving up on the idea of waking him.

He'd looked so tired in the beginning of class— messy, ruffled hair, glasses barely hanging on the corner of his nose. His eyes had shadows under them.

I cross my arms on the desk, sighing softly as I look at the exposed half of his sleeping face. My eyes wander to his broad, arched back, lips tightening when I imagine what's underneath his shirt.

Leaning my head lazily against the desk, I reach out and brush my fingers through his soft hair. I tug off his loose glasses, placing them down next to the book.

His lips are slightly parted in sleep, pink and soft. A smile tilts up the corner of my lips when I hear slight hitches in his breath.

What a baby.

"Hey!" Any traces of a smile dissipate on my lips when I hear the teacher yell, my eyes narrowing in annoyance as it slides up to the front of the classroom.

"Lee Min and Jeon Jungkook! What do you—"

"I was just telling him something in the book." I say, my voice cold although I don't really mean it. "I don't think anything's wrong with that, is there?"

I can feel the students behind me whispering, clearly seeing Jungkook passes out on his desk with just a book in front of him. But the teacher can't see that, so I stare at him challengingly.

"I-I guess so. Just pay attention from now." He finally backs down, and then I turn my eyes to the back of the classroom at the continued whispering.

"Shh." I try to say, but none of them will even meet my gaze.

Then I hear a small groan, and look back to see Jungkook rubbing at his eyes. He looks around with a confused expression for a few seconds, before finally meeting my amused stare.

"Min! I, uh— did I fall asleep again?"

I nod, flicking my fingers slightly to knock over the propped up book. He blushes fiercely at my confirmation, and I find myself smiling.

When the bell rings, I swing my backpack over my shoulder and wait for him, watching as he quickly pushes his books and papers into his backpack.

He looked slightly better, at least.

"Come here." I say, glancing briefly at the time. "We have time until fourth class."

When I lead him to a café to get a drink, he blinks his eyes sleepily again. He does that when he thinks I'm not looking, but I catch him multiple times without him noticing me.

"What do you want?"

He shakes his head once, and looks up at me with half-awake eyes. "Uh— a smoothie, I think. Do they have strawberry?"

I give him an amused look. "Shouldn't you drink coffee? It'd help you wake up a bit more."

He looks up at the menu with a confused expression on his face. I watch with curiosity as several emotions flicker across his face, before finally settling in determination.

"Americano, please."

"Two iced Americanos, please." I say to the cashier, paying and ignoring Jungkook's small mumbles of protest behind me.

Then the orders are out, and I'm drinking my coffee when my gaze lands on Jungkook. My expression instantly turns up into a full smile, watching what he's doing.