20

JUNGKOOK

My head hurts.

It feels like I haven't had water for the past week, and my eyes blearily open as I scramble to untangle myself from the covers. I feel nauseous, dizzy and unfocused.

Then my fingers wrap around something cold, and I immediately bring it to my lips.

It's water.

"First hangover, yeah? That'll teach you to keep your hands off my drink." An amused voice echoes in front of me, and I groan at the dizziness. Now the thirst is gone, but the pounding in my head has gotten worse.

"Y-Yoongi hyung...?"

"It's noon already, kid. You slept through the night."

"Noon?!" I exclaim, but being suddenly so loud hurts my head. All I remember is drinking something that I'd thought was water, and then...

Warm lips.

Vanilla and smoke.

A hot blush covers my entire face, and I can see him raise his eyebrows curiously when I heat up all the way to the tips of my ears. Now I remembered everything.

Jeon Jungkook, you actually did that?

"I'm not even asking." He says, shrugging his shoulders. My eyes glance upwards when he throws me a thick jacket, motioning me to follow him. "Let's go."

"What? Where?"

"The racetracks. Min's there. And I'm not letting you stay alone in my house." He says, and I nod obediently, pushing my arms into the jacket. It's too big for me, but it feels comfortable.

When he sweeps out the door, I hurry to rush after him, rubbing the rest of the sleep from my eyes. He walks so much faster than Min, and I quickly fall into step next to him as I look around.

"What about school?"

"Just don't go." He shrugs, and I swallow, looking down at my feet. Skipping school— for the first time in my life. "It's already past noon anyway, Jungkook."

"Yeah." I mumble back, lifting my head back up. Forget about school— that isn't where I want to be anymore.

"Wow." His eyes widen slightly, lips turning down to a smirk. "What happened to you, huh? You'd usually start panicking."

"I—" But then my eyes flash upwards when I hear the sound of tires tearing across ground. A dark car slides past smoothly into the finish line, and my eyes fix on the driver.

Min.

She has a bored expression on her face, running her fingers through her raven hair as she leans back on the seat. Her wrecked car is gone, replaced by this one.

Then another car soon slides into the white line spray painted on the ground, blue and dirt-spattered everywhere on its body. The driver in there looks furious, his fists clenched on his lap as he curses.

She steps out of the car, and I can't help but flush red when I see her. I almost wanted to hide now, so embarrassed how I'd been last night— completely drunk and stupid.

Then her gray eyes meet mine, and I quickly look downwards as a smile lifts her lips. That's the only thing I can see right now, and I force myself to get a grip.

"Why do you look so shy?"

"I-I'm not!" I protest, and she laughs, tilting her head to the side. My chest feels like it's burning— why did she look so fine? Did I dream up what happened last night?