CHAPTER 29: Date like a happy couple

Red Crandall

A few hours later, I'm lying on my bed in my room. I'm taking advantage of this quiet moment to study for my classes. I feel a certain pleasure in diving into my homework. It's just like I'm a normal student studying for her midterms. Unfortunately, I can't keep my worries at bay. They soon come back and torment me. It's clear that I'm not really safe right now: between the mystery behind my attack, Viktor's package, the Revelations about the Arcane... And that prophecy especially!

I don't even know where to start! Not to mention, my vampiric training and the change in my magic. I let out a frustrated sigh. I hear the sound of footsteps on the other side of my door. I listen closely and recognize it is Drogo's familiar footsteps. Before he even knocks, I invite him and  lean against in nonchalantly.

He adjusts his leather gloves while devouring me with his eyes. His air of bad-boy confidence makes him look unbelievably, dangerously sexy.

I trace his body with my eyes, admiring his torso, so wonderfully enhanced by his T-shirt, the perfect fit of his leather jacket, and his close-fitting pants.

"Like what you see?"

"Obviously! I can't wait to be alone with you again to explore it all with my hands."

Drogo erupts into his charming, fascinating laughter. I laugh along, grateful to be able to share this lighthearted, intimate, and fun moment with him. When we finally calm down, Drogo walks up to me, takes my wrist, and places a tender kiss on it.

"Want to go on a date?"

"Yes, when?"

Drogo nods meaningfully towards the door.

"Now?"

"You have ten minutes to get ready. I'll be waiting in the entrance hall."

I'm very excited about this spontaneous date. It's our first official date!

"Ten minutes to get ready? Challenge accepted! Get ready to be amazed!"

"Oh, but I'm already amazed, beautiful. Or should I say 'bewitched'?"

He leans in and plants a quick kiss on my lips, then gives me a teasing wink before leaving the room.

Drogo barely even brushed my lips, and yet it's enough to sweep me off my feet... The effect he has in me is crazy! Drogo is the first man I made love with, but most of all, he's the only one I want to do it with forever!  We're madly in love. And the more we love each other, the more we forget ourselves, the more we find happiness in each other's eyes.

Although, at first, I thought his vampirism was affecting my feelings, now I know that's not the case. Our love is real!

I slap my cheeks lightly to bring myself back to reality and rush over to my closet. I choose a somewhat loosed, white tank top, which lets my bra peek out at the sides, together with tight leather jeans and strappy heels.

For a second, I consider putting my hair up in a bun, but in the end I decide to leave it loose down my back.

I grab my phone and slip into my leather tote, then pull the strap over my shoulder.