Chapter 15: Angel Down

Hey! Thank you so much for the lovely feedback yesterday! I know I said I wanted this story to be as authentic as possible, but I thought why not add a little something? It is a fan-fic after all. Anyways, again, thank you! Each one of you are highly appreciated🥰

-D

ps: belated Happy Easter! I forgot to write that down yesterday lol ALSO, HAPPY 4 YEARS BRADGA 💕
Oki keep safe y'all xx

* * * * * *

Stefani's POV

I only had a week until I fly to Paris for the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. 

The last few days had flown by with a shuffle of promotion for the album, rehearsals for VS and preparation for the movie. 

When Mark and I weren't out for the album we would either go to Bradley's or the studio with Lukas to start creating songs. 

Bradley had Lukas teach him guitar and let his band be Jackson's as well. I have started putting on Ally's armor by rehearsing lines with Bradley, slowly adjusting to her persona.

With songwriting, it was unusually hard to manage the emotions I had and find the right lyrics when the inspiration behind each word was Bradley who was literally always with us.

We haven't brought up what we talked about since the night after SNL. We were back to how we were, best of friends. I felt my heart quake.

I've met a lot of people in this world, and not one of them could ever come close to the person he is that surpass all others of the same kind - Bradley is simply second to none. 

It was very difficult to go against my desire when he said he wanted to be with me the same way I did with him. But it's very unfair to his child and Irina if I did not do the right thing. I don't think I'll ever forgive myself if I didn't give him the chance to discover what love his new family has in stored for him. 

So, I let him go. He was lost at sea and just had to find his way back to the shore.

Lukas and Mark patiently played their instruments waiting on my lyrics and vocals to jive with them.

I remember the first time Bradley introduced me to Lukas. We shook hands as I told him I was a fan of his to which he replied with, "I am a big fan of yours. You look much more laid back than how the press make you." ever since we started playing with music together, he's been a close friend.

My thoughts were stopped when Bradley excused himself. A distressed look on his face, knuckles turning white as he held his phone.

I stepped out and followed him to make sure he was fine.

"What? You better not do any unannounced decisions about it without my approval. I'm the baby's father, so I too have a say how things should go."

"You're in what now? So you can't spend thanksgiving and won't be seeing me until December. Cool" he exasperated.

"Fine. It's not like there's anything I can say that will change your mind anyway." he let out an audible sigh. "Take care. You too. Bye."

He turned to look at me and said. "I guess I'll be spending thanksgiving alone."

Before I could reply, his hand was on my back guiding us to the recording room.

"Why don't we share them what you've been writing Stef?" Mark brought up.

Bradley's POV

"Wha- "  

My mind all over the place. I just wanted to focus on the movie first but Irina has been uncommunicative with her pregnancy and activities lately. Unlike her, I don't suffocate my partner with suspicions but since there's a baby involved, I can't help but monitor her state. Adjusting to being professional with my relationship with Stefani was tricky especially with our personal relationship, given what took place in her apartment. I'm back at one again; what do I do with this vast love I have for her then?