Chapter 19: Grigio girls

Hi. Wattpad and the internet have been acting up on my end so I apologize if there's anything strange happening with any of the chapter. Anyway, how are you doing? I hope each one of us is still choosing kindness and keeping ourselves healthy. Enjoy this chapter 🙃

-D

* * * * * *

Bradley's POV

The rhythm of Queen's Those were the Days of Our Lives and the smell of warm apple and spice danced through my senses as Stefani pulled her door open to welcome me, Irina, and Lea. The little girl who turns two months old today giggled with excitement at the sight of my best friend smiling at her. She was wearing a large Foo Fighters t-shirt, hugging Irina then gave one to me and Lea.

"Please, come in" she invites us.

"Where's Christian?" Irina asked as Stefani took our things and placed them to a table near the couch.

"Ah, he's on his way to drop something then he'll be out of town. We're having a mini Italian breakfast casseroles and bacon for breakfast but I can get you anything else if you'd like" Stef motions us to follow, her messy bun whipped when she took a turn.

"No, that sounds good." I say excitedly, Lea reciprocates my vibe as she wriggled in my arms, directing to Stefani.

"What is it Lea? You want milk? But you just finished-" Irina stopped mid sentence as she noticed Lea's body shifting towards the woman who busily prepared for breakfast.

Stefani glanced at us and swiftly said, "Oh this'll be up in a second wait," serving the breakfast casserole and strips of bacon.

"Here's apple and spice for dessert" she says placing it on the table and continues to make herself a bacon sandwich.

"Hi Lea, guys please dig in. Make yourselves at home." she took Lea so we could eat and I felt Irina relax.

"Happy 2 months baby, let's take a bite to that, yeah?" Stefani's kissed the little blonde's head and ate her big bacon roll.

"Wow, Stefani. I can't remember the last time I did this. Like, sit down and eat actual food." Irina comments.

I could sense her past issues with Stefani dissipate when she mingled with Stefani who genuinely listened to her and paid every ounce of her attention to Lea whenever the infant demanded.

The 2 month old wiggled all over Steani's lap, trying to get her undivided attention by flashing her gummy smile.

I heard a car in the driveway; we turned to see Carino step out.

He smiled kindly at Irina and me, and then his eyes flicker towards Stefani who smiled at him and went back to singing to Lea happily.

"Fuhking hell Stef, how can you go eat bacon and sing like that?" he draped an arm around her shoulders and kissed her temple.

"Stop cussing. There's a baby Chris" Stefani reprimands her cover-up boyfriend.

"Sorry. But she's literally a baby." He reasoned and handed Stefani a box.

I gulped the lump on my throat and stood up to take Lea from her. "We'll stay in the living room."

"B?" Stef calls. Lea and I turned our heads to see what she needed. She joined me and Lea towards the couch with Irina who took Lea from me.

"Here's a little something for this cutie pie." She kissed my daughter's growing cheeks and gave the box she had Carino drop off earlier.

"What will you say, Lea?" Irina controlled Lea's hands,  mimicked a baby's voice and gestured to say a 'thank you'