Chapter 18: Brad Romance

I can't get over Stef's speech at Coachella about secretly filming the audience, she's so cute. Enjoy and stay safe 🤗 

-D

* * * * * *

Stefani's POV

The late afternoon sun was still hot, streaming down over the Inland Empire's Coachella Valley, in the Colorado Desert. I snapped a quick Coachella makeup test which I'll be sharing later on Instagram.

"How does your skin feel now Stef?" Natali asked from her seat as Sarah started doing my makeup. "I mean, putting make up on again after almost a month of being makeup free?"

"Weird. I mean, it's not heavy or anything. It's like I'm putting a mask on" I smiled at Sarah who was securing the face stickers around my eyes, always innovative to try new artistic things with me.

"You'll still be there to help me with her when we film though, right Sar?" my sister now walked over to us and asked Sarah.

"I mean, yeah. We'll be doing most makeup on the tattoos. Bradley basically requested Stefani to be completely open. And I quote, 'no artifice', for Ally."

"Banning me from wearing makeup. That's kind of rule number two." I said while smiling at Bradley's text.

B | 7:15pm April 15, 2017

Hey, have a good time out there. I'll be thinking of you

"And rule number one would be?" Natali raised her brows, trying to sneak a peek at the text message.

I sent him a quick reply, 'Thank you, B. You better be here on the second show, I love Nat but she's driving me crazy'

"I'm actually nervous about the hair, Freddie." I admitted, diverting the topic.

"Don't worry about it LG, I got you." he assures and fixed my hair which was now slightly longer than shoulder length.

B | 7:17pm April 15, 2017

Of course. Hopefully she can calm you down as much as she drives you crazy before the show. Enjoy your last few moments with makeup btw

'Hopefully, you aren't in the habit of whipping out makeup wipes on unsuspecting women at random red-carpet events. Talk to you later.' I replied and went to my team to prepare further.

B | 7:18pm April 15, 2017

Only with you ;) Break a leg, il mio papillon

From the instant my team, the production and I hit the main stage at 11:30 p.m. I shouted in excitement, "We've got 90 minutes! Let's go!"

We got right to work and unified the masses, blood rushing through my veins under my Night Porter cap and Thierry Mugler S&M leather trench.

"Playing to 100,000 people, not too shabby," I quipped while sitting at the piano.