Chapter 10: Fire meet Gasoline

Hey guys! I feel really anxious that there's only 20 days for classes to resume. I have an endless assignments and upcoming midterm exams as soon as we start. I've been balancing writing and schoolwork well but sometimes I ask myself what I've gotten myself into. lol it's tough. Anyhow, I finished a loooong chapter for you to read soon. I hope you'll enjoy this one and stay safe!

-D

* * * * * *

Stefani's POV

July 15, 2016. Quarter to 10pm. My phone displayed. 

I walked excitedly inside the house with some of the surprises I had for my fiancé. Taylor wasn't supposed to be home until an hour later from his friends.

But I guess he won't be the only one getting a surprise when I was greeted by a fuming birthday celebrant. 

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the upcoming movie star" 

"Taylor... c'mon darling, you're drunk"  I tried to calm him down when I caught a whiff of alcohol from his shirt, tears forming in my eyes. 

At least, a smudged mascara won't be dealt with tonight. I thought. I have been more comfortable with going all natural ever since Bradley removed my makeup when we shot our screen test. 

"No I'm not drunk. I'm sober enough to know that you're thinking about him now even when I'm here and I'm fed up! Isn't he with a model? How long will you be okay with being his second option huh? How long until I have to walk into your trailer sneaking an affair and throw in a 'we were just learning our lines' bullshit? How long until I can breathe from this suffocating possibility that one day, you'll decide I'm not the one for you? How long, Stefani?!"  Then, I started to shed tears when he seemed like he was past the point of listening based from his glare.

There were times he admitted that he felt uncomfortable when I had to work with other male artists but it never got to the point where it would mesh with our careers, let alone our relationship. He supported me in every step of the way when I had to do the American Horror Story, which was a lot more provocative. So, what the hell is his problem?

Taylor never had this much jealousy until Bradley and I became close friends. 

Jealousy was never an issue with us because we understood that working with other people is part of our jobs and we made sure to build a strong foundation and deep level of trust which seems to be not the idea anymore.

How long until I have to walk into your trailer sneaking a secret affair and throw in a 'we were just learning our lines' bullshit?  His words kept ringing in my mind.

Everything was hitting me like a brick. The worry I had to feel during overtime, late night or too early in the morning shoots; the peculiar last minute line reading with his trailer locked, his excuses...

"Did you just fucking throw your bullshit to my face?" I cried, dropping the things I was holding a while ago.

"Stop being so pathetic and straight up petty! Are you seriously gonna go back to the past and throw us away?" his eyes soften for a second when his hand came in contact with my arm.

I closed my eyes, not knowing what to expect next. Conflicted whether I want to analyze the likelihood of cheating or address the Bradley inception which is vexing to me. 

It's refreshing to have someone I can share my unfathomable secrets to without worrying about their judgement to be some sort of prejudice because they genuinely empathize. In contrast to that, the idea is extremely scary - The person who perfectly compliments your life better more than anyone, even the one you're with, unfortunately enters your world in an imprecise timing.