Chapter 2: telePhone

My phone rang again.

The sun was really peeking through which resulted me to cover my eyes with my left arm and the other reached out for my buzzing phone.

With my eyes adjusting to the blurry sight of my screen, I pulled it closer to my face blinking the blur away.

Bobby.

"Bobby? It's barely 7 o'clock in the morning. What's up?" I yawned, waiting for his reply.

"Do you remember Bradley Cooper?" he queerly asked.

"Hmmm, the actor? Wasn't he at the event last night? Why? Bobby I swear if you only called me to gush over -"

"Yeah well he shook hands with me last night as I was trying to look for you..." he cuts me off my sentence.

Doing the same to him, "Well, That's good! Good for you. But Bobby I'm gonna -"

I stopped as I noticed him continue with a hushed tone "...I might've given him your number"

"Okay? so why are you calling me now and not hi- wait, WHAT?!?"

"I know! I know! But Stef, He said really loved your voice and asked if you were interested in writing music? Something something, I couldn't focus because the man was really gorgeous but YEAH! I know I should've asked you first, sorry." He continues to trail off.

"You know what? He probably wasn't serious about it and forgot anyway. So, it's fine. I'm gonna go. Talk to you later" I told him, hanging up.

As I was about to lock my phone, I noticed it pop a text notification from an unknown number.

'Hello Stefani. This is Bradley Cooper. I was at the benefit last night. I thought your performance was absolutely brilliant! I got your number from your manager. I was hoping to see your at the afterparty but I bumped into him instead. Anyway, I would love to get in touch with you regarding a project that are in the works at the time being. I was wondering if you were up for me treating you to a cup of coffee? Hoping to hear from you soon. Take care.'

I jolted up. A cup of coffee. Exactly what I'm needing for at the moment but somehow I'm now finding myself really awake. My body flickering faintly feeling blood rushing through my veins.

Umm wat?

'Hi Bradley. So wonderful to hear from you. Sure. I'll let you know exactly when I'll be free'

After spending a solid 5 minutes to compose a reply, I decided to hit send and begin my day with a bath.

But then, I felt my phone, vibrating to its tone of an incoming call from the same number.

Oh hell.

"Hello?" the voice from the other line spoke before I could start.

"Hi, Bradley Cooper...?" A low laugh reacted through the line. Despite from the lack of my morning caffeine, hearing those sounds had my hands tremble a little.

"Um... Good morning?" I continued.

"Morning." He chuckled.

"I hope I didn't wake or disturb you. You were amazing last night. I mean, yeah. Um, I probably got home a lot earlier than you did"

"Uh, yeah I doubt that." Remembering how my night went, I went straight to the point out from this whole thing. Clearing my throat I continued, "Anyway, so uh... did you want to talk about something? My manager, Bobby said..."

"Yes, I did call you for a reason. I was wondering if you'd be up for something like a movie project? I have this project I'd like to talk to you about."

Movie? Like, in music for a movie?

"Well, that too but" Damn. Did I say that out loud?

"Yeah you did." He laughs. ignoring my bashfulness, I thought he'd finally fill me in with the details I was growing curious of, he was mumbling out replies to someone else which I assumed was with him on the other end. "Shoot, I have to go. Is there any chance you could squeeze me into your schedule, and I'm gonna be a little chancy, say, within the next 3 days?"

What the hell is going on?

So, a there's a crumbling relationship I have to deal with, an album I had to focus on, songs needed to be written and now a Hollywood A-list actor wants to add himself up to that mix.

"I'll be sorting stuff out for my, uh, album for almost the entire week after Sunday. How about Sunday morning?"

"Great. Sounds perfect. Where?"

Great. More brain cells dying at this thinking game without caffeine.
"How does my house sound? I'll text you the address."

WTF Stefani?! Really? Your house?

"Time?" I could practically hear the grin in his voice.

"Around 9 in the morning?" I suggested, not really knowing exactly what I was on about.

"Cool. 9 am, Sunday. I'll be there. See you, uh Lady..."
"Stefani's fine." I laughed silently. How am I still socially awkward sometimes? This is why I need Bobby. He's usually good at doing all the talking.

"I'm looking forward to see you soon Stef."

"Alright. Bye." I noticed the line disconnect and dove right back into the mattress.

"Oh my God."

I stood up and finally went to the bathroom to get that bath I initially planned for. The humidity and aroma of vanilla and rose fused from the bathroom as I made my way back to the room leaving the door half open. In order to get at the top of things, I decided to call Bobby to have him do all the processing of hotel check out.

Within a few seconds, Bobby's usual happy voice greeted my phone.

"Hey. So did Brad call you?"

I rolled my eyes at his new profound assumption of closeness to Cooper, "Yeah. What the hell does Bradley really want though? I don't think I have time for this, with the album and all." I sighed.

"I seriously don't know Stef. He just asked for your number for a collab? Did he not mention what it's about when he called?"

"Something about music and movie... Music, maybe. But movie? I don't know Bobby. Wait, I called you because I need you to handle the entire checking out process. I need to be out and about ASAP" I expressed.

"I'm on my way."