|10|

"Eomma? Appa? Where are you going?" San asked, clinging onto his stuffed doll named Shiber.

"We have to leave for a while. It isn't safe for you to stay here, Sanjook." His mother told him, not giving him a detailed explanation.

"But.." He whined, his eyes big and filling with tears.

"San, come here." His father said with open arms and San stood in front of his father, his fathers large hands holding San's tiny ones.

"You know what your name means, correct?"

San nodded happily and smiled.

"It means mountain!"

His father chuckled at his son's cute personality.

"Yes indeed it does. Do you know why we named you that?"

San shook his head and pouted again.

"Before you were born, I always knew that I wanted to name you San. I wanted you to be a comforting hill for some people, but to others an enormous mountain that they can't dare to challenge." His father explained proudly, making him and San tear up.

"So then..why are you leaving me?" San asked, tears now sliding down his cute little cheeks.

"You're gonna stay with your grandma and grandpa, okay Sanjook?" His mom said, giving him a hug.

"San," His father began again.

"What?"

"Can you promise me that no matter what happens..that you will grow up to be that comforting hill and enormous mountain?"

"I promise. I will do everything in my power, Appa." San promised, giving his father a huge hug.

-

"San? Are you okay?" Wooyoung asked, hearing San sniffle in the darkness.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine. Go back to sleep, Woo." San reassured him, wiping his tears and covering himself with more of the blanket.

"What's wrong?" Wooyoung pushed, turning on the bedside lamp to see San looking at a plushie that was in his closet.

"Why are you looking at the plushie?"

"It's a long story. You wouldn't understand. I don't wanna explain. Just please, go back to sleep." San begged, more tears running down his cheeks.

Wooyoung did as his boyfriend asked and turned off the lamp, trying to fall back asleep.

Only a few hours passed before it was morning and San was still awake, his thoughts not leaving him.

He finally turned away from the closet and towards Wooyoung who was still sleeping.

"Get out of my fucking house!!"

San flinched and his head immediately turned towards the door. Before he knew it, he was running to the door and locking it, making sure no one could get in.

He made it back to his bed and saw messages from Jongho popping up on the home screen of his phone.

Jongho
San, it isn't looking too good

Jongho
You might wanna board up your door

San
What's happening out there?

Jongho
Put on some shoes

Jongho
Glass is being thrown

San
How long have they been going at it for?