02 | lying monster

❛❛ 𝘍𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘶𝘧𝘧𝘺 ❜❜

Soon, Sakura grew up and then came to Academy. The only reason she was going to the academy was that her parents wanted her to be a protective shield for Ami. She wanted to refuse but she couldn't, why did she have to be the one to always suffer the short end? 

'Why do I have to suffer for her?'

She was angry and frustrated but she could do nothing, nothing at all because she was powerless.

Powerless against everything.

'This is unfair!'

Forced to do something she didn't want to do, her admiration towards those with power was incredible, they wouldn't be forced to do something she didn't want to.

Oh, how naive she was.

Her dream was a simple yet resolute one, to be powerful.

Powerful enough that she wouldn't be forced to do something she didn't want to do.

Freedom, she wanted a taste of that heaven.

Sakura's mind was completely fixated on this goal, ever since she was five and saw the cruelty of this world, she had decided to be powerful, words are easier said than done.

And she went to the Academy.

The first day of her Academy in Konoha was terrible, she was bullied by her classmates. 

The beautiful pink coloured hair which her mother always complimented, the one she was always proud of, the one she inherited from her, they made fun of it. 

'Why are you making fun of my pink hair when yours looks like even a bird wouldn't lay their eggs in it?'

Her class was situated in the middle part of the Academy, she saw many children around her age. Everyone was forming their own groups and would have friends. Aside from her who was alone due to the bullying, there were two other boys.

One was Sasuke Uchiha, the second heir of the Uchiha Clan, one who was always looked down on because of his brother. 

The guy was about as tall as her, with raven hair which seemed to be spiky with bangs in front and onyx eyes which glared at everyone who passed by him, still, that did not stop the girls from swooning over him.

The other one was Naruto Uzumaki, the so-called demon of the village, he had spiky blond hair and beautiful blue eyes which were filled with sadness. He had chubby cheeks on which whiskers-like marks were situated.

It also seemed weird how Sakura, Naruto, and Sasuke all seemed to be the same age as the others in the class, they three shared some sort of sorrowful past, the life they led was pitiful, and they all gave away a sense of loneliness. 

Everyone knows about the two boy's tragic backstory but no one bothered to get to know the little pink-haired girl.

An underappreciated kid by his father, one without anyone and the last with the world against her.

Sasuke always lived in the shadows of his brother, Naruto who always lived in the shadow of the powerful beast in him, and Sakura who always lived in the shadows of the illusion of a happy life.

The classroom suddenly quieted at the arrival of a tall figure who had a scar across his nose and his brown hair tied in a ponytail. 

"Everyone, sit down!" His words made everyone sit on the designated seats.

Before he could speak, Sakura had already recognised him as the one who would be their teacher.

"My name is Iruka Umino, you all can call me Iruka-sensei," He said looking at everyone, "Now why don't we start introducing ourselves to each other?" He then pointed at the guy who sat on the first bench. 

"My name is Gojo Satoru-" The guy started and sat down after introducing himself. 

"My name is Ami, Ami Haruno!"

Iruka nodded and smiled at everyone as they introduced themselves soon came the turn of the trio of loners of the class. 

Naruto stood up and answered cheerfully, "The name's Naruto Uzumaki, and I'm gonna be the future Hokage!" This caused everyone to snicker to themselves except a few.

Next stood Sasuke as he looked in front with his dull eyes without any expression on his face.

"Sasuke Uchiha." He simply stated and sat down. The girls swooned and giggled to themselves, blush on their cheeks as they looked at the raven-haired boy.

Then a pink-haired girl stood from her seat making everyone whisper about her hair colour, "Umm," She quietly began, "My name is Sakura Haruno," She nervously looked at Iruka, and only when he smiled at her did she dit down.

"Hey! Aren't you Ami's sister?!" Someone spoke to which Sakura nodded fearfully, "Eh~ Really, Ami looks pretty while you look so weird with your hair and large forehead, pinky!" The same girl spoke as she laughed at Sakura along with her friends.

When people heard that she was Ami's sister they began to whisper about her, about how both of them shared no similarity at all, or mocked and teased her for her hair and forehead. Sakura looked at her lap and never looked up, the noise only dismissed when Iruka shouted at them to keep quiet and not to make fun of their classmates.

That day Sakura realized that her mother lied to her. Every time she would have a nightmare she would go to her mother for comfort, her mother said that she had those nightmares because of the monsters under her bed. 

She checked under the bed but there were no monsters because monsters aren't under her bed but they surround her throughout her life as they hurt her while wearing human masks on their faces.

'Why... did you lie to me, mama..?'

― Sakura leads an unhappy life yes, what does this have anything with the word 'pretending'? Well, you will find out about it in the further chapters