Home

The ride home was a heartfelt one. The conversation that filled the car would remind you of an aged couple blessed with many years of companionship. The two lovers had barely noticed the commotion at the house when they returned home. The whole block had come to await the arrival of the fox they so dearly missed. The sweet, loving, and caring yellow fluff ball they had all come to adore. Embraces and words of emotions filled the air surrounding the two. Tails couldn't help but notice how much people seemed to care. Here he had thought no one did. Not even the two hedgehogs he had come to cherish. Tails realized a few things. That people may not show how much they care because they are busy. Also that family is not just a word. Family is a way of life, a way to live. Lastly that life is precious, and you only have one. Have fun, live it to the fullest, but never take it for granted.

"Thank you all for your concern! As you can see Tails has finally arrived home."

An outburst of hoots and hollers sounded in response. This made Tails blush embarrassingly.

"Me and Amy can't thank you enough for your cooperation and work ethic put into finding our little yellow fox. We dearly missed him and couldn't ever repay you for your generosity!"

Sonic looked down at Tails. A smile creeping its way across his blue features. Tails smiled back. Amy stood on the porch looking out into the crowd as they commuted among themselves.

"Once again, thank you all. Tonight as you sleep be thankful for the time we have together. Don't ever regret the things you didn't say or do, and lastly cherish the moments you have with those you love."

Amy looked over at Tails with a sparkle of care in her eyes.

"Goodnight everyone, once again, thank you."

At the last remaining words of Amy's speech the crowd began to disperse. Walking or driving to their homes around the street corner. Sonic rested his hand around Tails neck and the other around Amy's.

"It's good to have the house back to the way it was." Sonic said happily with a sigh.

Amy rolled her eyes. "Some things are gonna change, like you doing your own dishes." She said annoyed.

Sonic chuckled. "One thing at a time Amy."

Tails giggled as they entered the house. The familiar smells wafting to his nose and making his heart rest happily within his chest. A picture hung on the wall of his mom and dad. Looking at the doorway happily.

Tails glanced at it and smiled. They may of been gone but their memory lived on in this home, and in this dysfunctional family of two hedgehogs and one little fox.

Sonic coughed giving Tails a wink.

"So I thought to save space we should move Tails into my room. You did say you've always wanted to have a crafting room."  He said directed towards Amy.

Amy rose an eyebrow and scoffed dumbfounded.

"What suddenly made you so considerate of what I want?" She glared suspiciously.

Sonic grinned mischievously.

"You said some things need to change, let's start with a happier home." He said resting his hand on Tails's waist lovingly.

Tails blushed and smiled.

"Well I suppose if Tails is fine with it.." she said before being interrupted by the yellow fur ball himself.

"I'm fine with it! Totally fine with it." He said quickly.

Amy blinked surprised by the sudden response.

"Well I suppose it's settled then, though I feel like something fishy is going on here I won't question." She said smiling.

"I'll start moving my stuff in right away."

Sonic nodded as she left the room to grab some of her things.

"When do you plan on telling her?" Tails said curiously.

Sonic chuckled picking the fox up bridal style.

"Some things just don't need to be said. In time I'll tell her but for now let her be happy." He said smirking.

"Now let's go get some of your things."

Tails nodded happily. Yes, happily. For once in a long time he felt wanted, he felt loved, and he felt happy. He had all he needed right here, and there was no need to leave anytime soon. This household may have its ups and downs but through it all they had one thing that was unshakable.

Love.

The End.

(Thank you all for sticking with me and reading my Novel! I hope you enjoyed
It! Make sure to keep a look out for many of my other novels! I love you all and hope you have a wonderful holiday! )