Part 2

Khushi quietly carried her Shaahi Paneer filled plate and sneaked out of the party area. The crowd was making her sick. There was no way she would be able to relish her favorite dish here. Looking for a bench or slab to sit on, she was shocked at what she saw.

 Looking for a bench or slab to sit on, she was shocked at what she saw

Arnav Singh Raizada. Sitting on a wooden triangular bench which was bounding a pond of sorts. Eating alone as if he had not just thrown the entire party. He had ditched his coat and folded his white shirt up to his elbows. He looked right out of a magazine cover shoot. The surrounding trees and bushes added to the ambiance. Getting out of her drooling state, she decided to join him as there was no other space available and her food was getting cold.

"Where are your girlfriends?", she asked causing him to turn.

"Excuse me?", shock was visible on his face.

"Your girlfriends. The girls who were hovering around you like makhi(flies) around gudd(sweets)!"

*****

Arnav Singh Raizada had had enough. Who the hell was this woman who went around judging him at every opportunity she got? First, she had judged him of hitting on her just because he had coincidentally ordered the same drink as her. Was it his fault that their choice of go-to drink was same? And now she was judging him for eating in a secluded place! This woman was mad and he was going to tell her just that.

He opened his mouth to give her a piece of his mind. But something stopped him. He looked at her face – her eyes closed, savoring the dish as if it was the center of her universe. There was something childlike yet sensual about her. Fine he was bowled over by her beauty. But the was the Gupta project had worked out, there was no way he could pursue this. So he opted for the best way out.

*****

"Khushi, is it?", he drawled in his husky voice.

"Yes. K-H-U-S-H-I.", she clarified wondering why did his voice sound creamier than the paneer.

"What do you expect from a person when they throw a party? Do you expect them to sulk? No. The host must treat every guest with utmost respect and that is exactly what I've been doing the entire evening. Just because the girls were interested in me doesn't mean I was too. Clear?", his face an epitome of calm.

"But all the hugging and kissing?", she asked genuinely shocked that her analysis was wrong.

"Really Khushi? This may be Lucknow but all the invitees are from Delhi or Mumbai. This is a common way of greeting of which I'm sure you're aware?"

"Crap ! I'm so sorry, Arnav. I really am. I shouldn't have judged you.", Khushi said shame-faced.

"It's okay. But please don't go around butchering people's character because of what you see. The eye can often deceive.", he concluded hoping she would drop the topic. He would not be able to mask his displeasure for long in the face of her inquisition.

"I'm really sorry. I just assumed that you're a brat. Accha fine. See I'm a foodie. But I will share one paneer with you to prove that I'm genuinely sorry.",  she said fully ready to amend her mistakes.

"Deal.", he bit his lip to prevent himself from laughing.

They sat eating from their respective plates for a few minutes when Khushi asked, "Can I taste some of your food?"

Arnav, the gentleman, could only nod.

"So, what are you doing here in this corner?", she asked eating his puri.

"I don't like to eat in crowded places. What about you?"

"Really ?? Me too! We should be friends, don't you think?",she grinned.

"Err, okay", how could he refuse directly.

*****

Ratna Raizada was searching for her son knowing very well, he must have escaped. He could handle a board room full of people but not a buffet full of people. Where was he anyway? He was not in his room. Must be somewhere here.

The sight that greeted her caused the glass to fall from her hand. Thankfully there was grass on the floor. Her Arnav with a girl?! And his body language was very relaxed, quiet unlike how he usually was around girls. What was happening? She had to get Anjali. ASAP!

*****

"So tell me how did you manage to snatch the project from right under my brother's nose?"

That's where we stop today.

Please like & drop in a few words to let me know how you like it <3