Part 31

"He's done well Jiji.", Manorama said softly.

They were seated in the hall of a decked-up-for-mehndi RM. They meaning all the ladies. Men, much to their sorrow, were not allowed by Dadi.

"Huh?", Ratna asked looking at her sister-in-law with confusion in her eyes.

"Arnav. Every time I saw him politely decline all the proposals we brought for him...", she shook her head looking at Arnav who was apparently arguing with Anjali and Payal.

She and Ratna had spent a good part of last year trying to get Arnav to settle down especially after seeing how married life had changed Akash. Arnav of course had resisted vehemently – to the extent of threatening to break all tie with them and move out of RM if they kept doing this!

"And all the blind dates we sent him to by plotting and planning!", Ratna added.

"I had given up all hope that I would see our Arnav smiling and laughing.", Manorama wiped her tears discretely.

In her heart, Manorama had always feared that Arvind's choices might have changed Arnav in a way far worse than they had seen. She might not have given birth to him but the love the five-year Arnav had given her ever since she had stepped foot in RM was extraordinary. The day he had walked in with Khushi and declared his intent to marry her, she had wept tears of joys; causing all her makeup to flow down her face!

"I thank Devi Maiyya every day that my children have two mothers. If something ever happens to me, my soul can rest knowing you will look after my children as your own Manno.", Ratna said pressing Manorama's hands in hers lightly, her heart brimming with emotions.

"Hello Hi Bye Bye. Dat is not happeningz Bhabhi. You are stuck with us for a long time.", Manorama said wagging her fingers at Ratna.

"Are looks like Khushi is here.", Ratna exclaimed heading in her direction, Manorama in tow.

******

"Are you mad?", Arnav asked with an expression that justified his words exactly.

"No. Am not. Now come on.", Anjali said pulling at his arm.

"No need to answer. You trying to pull a man considerably heavier than you just proved you're completely nuts.", Arnav smirked.