Chp 145 - Will's POV

Will's Flashback

TUESDAY, 17th January

When Dana grabbed his arm to drag him to the table where some of the other cheerleaders were sitting, he was just too tired to fight, thanks to a night filled with nightmarish dreams, where Vanessa turned into an empousa - not really that surprising- and was planning to cook Lucy and his brother Austin. It took him a while to catch up to the on-going argument between Chloe and Bea, Sabrina too busy eating and Sharon taking selfies.

"Ok, so what if she's pregnant?"

Lucy who had just arrived pushed Sharon to the side before sitting down.

"Who's pregnant? Oh, is it Giulia?"

Bea sighed, clearly tired of this argument.

"No one is pregnant, Chloe is just trying to discourage me, like a BAD friend would do."

"I'm not being a bad friend, I'm just playing the devil's advocate."

Lucy looked between both girls, still clearly confused.

"Discouraging you... about getting pregnant?"

Bea threw her hands up, exasperated.

"No one is getting pregnant!"

Lucy mumbled her answer, but still loud enough to be heard by her friends.

"Giulia is, if she doesn't start closing her legs."

Sharon stopped making kissy faces to her phone to glare at Lucy.

"Lu, what did I say about slut-shaming someone? Do we have to go through that again?"

"I'm not slut-shaming her!"

"Yes, you are!"

"No, I'm just saying-"

"That she should close her legs. If you didn't want to slut-shame her while still worried about teen pregnancy, what about saying she should start concerning herself more about contraceptives?"

Lucy opened her mouth to counter-attack, just to snap it closed after five seconds, meekly apologizing to Sharon. They kept eating until Lucy remembered what the previous fight was about.

"Wait, so what was Chloe discouraging you to do?"

"So, you know that section for secrets on the school newspaper?

"Of course I do, it's a hit; even Dana reads it."

Dana turned her attention from her phone to Lucy with a scowl.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Before they could distract themselves again, Bea waved a hand at Dana, mutely asking her to drop it, before grinning at Lucy.

"I'm thinking of expanding it."

"You mean you have a secret to share? Oh, do we know it? Will we be able to recognize it?

Bea was already shaking her head halfway through Lucy's questions.

"No, by expanding I meant start working at the newspaper and create a love and relationship advice column."

Will raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"You want to give love and relationship advice?"

"Yeah."

Chloe leaned forward, pointing from Bea to Lucy.

"And we were discussing if SHE's qualified before YOU interrupted."