Part 18

Zara was dead!

Years, months and days passed. Aarav lived with his mother and brother in Amritsar. They had bought a large house with a garden.

Aarav's father died of a heart attack and his fortune remained with Aarv and his brother. They shared it. The brother was already married and also lived in the house with his family.

They had everything. But were not happy. Especially not Aarav. He went to prayer every day. His inside was empty but he still had hope. To see Kavya again. He could never forget her. Aarav never married. He also didn't talk to his father. The father died without speaking to him. The mother also suffered.

One day when Aarav went to prayer as usual, he saw a girl. She was 12 years old. She played with the puppies on the street. But wasn't a girl from the village. Or from the area! She was different, so modern. That was the reason why Aarav noticed her.

Aarav went on anyway. After the prayer he went to the roof of a house. Sit down and cry.
He felt a hand on his back. The girl ( which he saw on the street earlier ) comforted him.

The Girl: "Why are you crying? Do you miss your friends too?"
Aarav: "I miss a friend, a love, my love! Are you new here? What's your name?"
The Girl: "I am Aayat. We are here to visit my moms friend."
Aarav: "Woow beautiful name and welcome to Punjab. Where are you from?"
Aayat: "From New Delhi. Hmm It's nice here..... Do not cry anymore. You know when I miss my friends, I close my eyes. Then I see them."
Aarav: "Sometimes that's not enough."

Aayat sat down next to him. She smiled at him.

Aarav: "You remind me of someone."
Aayat: "To whom?"
Aarav: "To this person that I miss."
Aayat: "Really. Should I be your friend until she comes back? Then you are not alone and you will not cry anymore."
Aarav: "It's nice of you. But your parents will be against it. You are a child. I am much older than you!"
Aayat: "I can ask mom. Mom always says do good things and I don't want to see you sad. We are here for 2 weeks. So while this two weeks we can be friends.
I have no friends here. Should I ask mom?"
Aarav: "And your father?"
Aayat: "I have no father. Mom said he died."

Aarav nodded to her.

Aayat ran to her mother and told everything. The next day she saw Aarav again. She went to him.

Aayat: "I dunno know your name, you didn't told me that, so I told mom that your name was Snoffi!"
Aarav: "Snoffi ?!"
Aayat: "Yes, my dog is called snoffi."
Aarav:"Your dog? What??"
Aayat:" Oof so Mom would like to get to know you. Are you coming with me dosti? We wanna visit maaa;)."

Aarav didn't know anything anymore. But went with her. They arrived at the red house. Aayat knocked. A woman opened the door.

Aayat: "Nishaji is mom there?"
Nisha: "Ya come in, will call her but who is he ?"
Aayat: "Snoffi Mom want to meet him."

It was a very uncomfortable situation for Aarav but also for Nisha. She was skeptical.

Aarav and Aayat went into the living room while Nisha called the mother.
A few minutes later th mother came down.

Aayat with full of joy: "Mom this is my friend snoffi." She smirked.

Aarav looked from the window. He didn't see Aayat's mother. He only hears her voice:

The mother: "Hey!"

The voice that was so familiar to him. The voice he knew. He turned and He saw her.

He was shocked!