Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Mike’s POV

          How could he do that? How could he go and just start smoking again? He sighed as he started working on lyrics again. Chester had tried to deny it but there was nothing he could say. He sighed. He’d come home that day and needed a shower for reasons he was not willing to explain or even think about. The problem was that it had been good. Really good. He shook his head.

          “No way. Don’t you dare think that,” he muttered. He sighed. The lyrics were just not coming together. He knew that Ryan and Tak were going to get angry at him again but he continued to think about Chester being at home probably smoking another cigarette. He hadn’t taken them away from him. If Chester wanted to go ahead and ruin his body then let him. He sighed angrily and then the door opened.

          “Hey Mike! Look who’s up early,” Tak said and then Ryan followed him in. Ryan gave him a smile.

          “That’s good.”

          “Just thought I could use some time to work alone. And I don’t spend time with Chester anymore so I have to work more now.”

          “Yea. That’s right,” Ryan said reclining on the couch. Mike wondered if they were suspecting him again. He sighed and tucked away the piece of paper he’d been writing on. He’d been writing lyrics for Linkin Park. He slid a different sheet over to the other two guys.

          “Here try this one.”

          Tak started to read it while Ryan glanced over at him, “I was thinking that we should work over at your place again.”

          “Yea sure. Let me….never mind,” Mike muttered. He would just kick Chester out of the house when he got home. He got up and packed up his stuff before heading to the car. The other guys followed him in their own cars. When Mike pulled up he saw Chester leaning against the door. When he saw the other cars, his eyes narrowed and he turned around and stalked back into the house. Mike sighed softly and then got out of the car. He walked up to the door just in time to see Chester walking towards him.

          “Chaz I….”

          “I get it. I’m leaving,” Chester said as he pushed past Mike and stormed by Ryan and Tak, “Have fun.”

          “Chaz,” Mike called but he was already gone. Ryan walked up to him and gave him a pat on the shoulder.

          “Wow. Good job.”

          “Fuck,” Mike muttered as he walked inside. It was just going to be another wonderful day.

Chester’s POV

          He didn’t know where he was going. Anywhere but where he’d been. He ended up sitting in a park with a cigarette in his mouth. He lit it up and let the nicotine make him forget about everything. Mike had told the guys that he had started smoking so the guys weren’t surprised when they finally tracked him down and he was smoking his third cigarette.