Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Chester’s POV

          He sat down at the table alone. It wasn’t new to him though. He’d been sitting alone to eat for the past week. It was hard to be alone. He hated it. It reminded him too much of when he was kid. He was always alone like this. He took a breath and then pushed his food away. He got up and slowly walked around the house. It was so empty. He wondered if Mike would ever come back at a reasonable time today. Would it be too much to ask? He glanced down at the note on the table.

          Chaz,

          Going out to work. I’ll be back tonight. Don’t do anything stupid.

          That was the note he got. Mike was different. Something was wrong. He sighed and crumpled up the note. He didn’t care what Mike said. He’d do whatever the fuck he wanted to. He could do all the stupid shit he wanted to. If Mike didn’t want to be around him, then he’d do whatever he wanted. He tossed the note into the garbage and then picked up his phone. He’d been getting a ton of messages from Dave.

          ‘CHAAAAZZZZZ, COME PLAY BASKETBALL WITH US DOWN AT THE PARK!”

          Chester laughed softly before clicking his phone off and getting into his car. After Mike had started leaving for the entire day, Chester had gone and bought himself another car so he could actually leave the house. Mike hadn’t even said anything about it. He wondered if he even knew about the car. Did he even care? Chester drove down to the park and saw Dave tossing the ball over to Brad. It was getting nice and warm. It was the middle of March now and it felt like spring. They had all been spending time outside. Except Mike. He walked up to them and grinned as Rob waved at him.

          “Hey you guys,” he said with a smile. Brad shot the ball and then turned to him.

          “Hey Chester. How’s it going?”

          “Alright I guess,” Chester said as he caught the pass from Dave and shot. He was so bad at basketball. Dave snickered as he chased down the ball. Chester rolled his eyes.

          “Sorry Chaz, you’re just so good at singing, I forgot that you suck at basketball.”

          “Thank you,” Chester said as he passed the ball over to where Joe was standing. Joe wasn’t paying attention and it hit him in the head.

          “Ow! Thanks a lot Chester!”

          “Sorry. Pay attention next time!”

          Dave ran after the ball again and then sunk a perfect shot from off in the grass. Dave was very proud of his athletic talents. Dave grinned at him.

          “We should play Linkin Park,” he said.

          “What?” Rob asked and Dave smirked again.

          “It’s like PIG but we spell LINKIN PARK instead.”