38. SEAL THE DEAL

Is it possible that suddenly you run out of air even if you are outside? Can you suffocate when you are physically fine, but you have the feeling that someone has pumped out all the oxygen? When do you think some force is pressing on your chest, n...

Is it possible that suddenly you run out of air even if you are outside? Can you suffocate when you are physically fine, but you have the feeling that someone has pumped out all the oxygen? When do you think some force is pressing on your chest, not letting your lungs expand in a natural reflex?

That's how Jungkook felt now.

He clung tightly to V's black leather jacket. The same one that the vampire was wearing when they made love in their bedroom last night. He could feel the texture under his fingers, the coldness of the material caused by the rather low morning temperature, hard studs, digging into his chest, when he was clinging strongly to the vampire's back. The wind hit his helmet, whistling loudly, but the only thing he could still hear was the sound of Namjoon's words that kept rolling through his head like a broken record.

When he woke up in the arms of his beloved in the morning, he felt happy. It seemed to him that nothing could destroy this happiness. It felt like a fairy tale. They shared a small world together that nothing and no one could destroy. It soon turned out, however, that his happiness was fleeting, like a soap bubble that someone brutally pierced without thinking about the consequences.

When Namjoon called him, he was still huddled in V's naked, hot body. He was planning to go to the workshop today, but as usual, he would probably get there until about ten, but a phone call from the policeman thwarted his plans.

Their conversation was short. Namjoon was an educated and very intelligent man. He spoke beautifully and wisely, but he usually weighed words. This time it was the same. At the thought of what the man had told him, he felt chills all over his body and a strong tightness in his chest again. His throat tightened so much that he ran out of oxygen again and he felt dizzy. Reflexively, he tightened his hands on the black fabric, as if fearing that if he did not, he would fall. His heart galloped in his chest, banging on his ribs like a tethered bird.

"Jungkook, something bad happened in the workshop. You have to come here quickly..."

These were the words that once spoken, almost etched into his memory. He had repeated it a million times in his head, still hearing the worry in the way Namjoon had pronounced it. The policeman spoke calmly, in a warm, controlled voice, which reminded him of the way doctors convey information about the death of a loved one. Already after the first few words, Jungkook knew that something really bad had to happen. The elder, however, refused to explain over the phone, saying that this is a matter they need to talk in person.

It wasn't even twenty minutes, and he and V were ready to go. The vampire, seeing his shaking, sat down at the helm of the motorcycle, letting Jungkook wrap his hands around his narrow waist. And he loved him for doing it so much. Every time he felt he was losing ground under his feet, V was with him to catch him. He didn't have to say anything, it was enough for their eyes to cross for a few seconds, for the elder to know what to do.

And he did it every time.

When the signboard with the name Jeon appeared on the horizon, the brunet tensed even more. V wanted to grab his hand, but at such a high speed, he couldn't afford to take his hands off the handle. He didn't care about himself. Even if he crashed, he wouldn't hurt himself, but Jungkook... He couldn't let anything happen to him. Feeling the growing powerlessness in him, he tightened his hands on the handles, while pushing the gas harder. The motorcycle gave a characteristic deep whir. It would have been music to his ears, if it hadn't been for the fact that the road was not pleasant at all and he wanted it to end as soon as possible.