41. HOUSE OF CARDS

It was still quite dark in the room when V raised his heavy eyelids

It was still quite dark in the room when V raised his heavy eyelids. He was sleepy. After the excitement of yesterday and sex with Jungkook, he was exhausted, and he slept like a baby. He did not wake up that night. It was only now that some strange noise woke him up. He rolled over, wanting to cuddle into the naked and hot body of the brunet, but when he did, he saw that he was lying in bed alone again. He pulled his eyebrows together. He also woke up alone in bed yesterday. He didn't like it. Instinctively, he reached out and put his hand in the place where his beloved should be. When he felt that the sheet still showed signs of warmth, he calmed down a bit.

Perhaps the boy was training again. He noticed that Jungkook had slept worse lately. He probably worried that Jin knew more and more about him. If he could, he would assure him every night that he would do anything to protect him, but it seemed that his assurances were not enough. Surely the boy knew that V would do anything to keep him safe, but perhaps this knowledge was making him sleepless. He knew well that the younger was as afraid of losing him as he was afraid that Jin would hurt Jungkook.

Perhaps this was what love was about? That you want to protect your loved one, even at the price of your own safety.

He rolled over and listened for a moment to the monotonous sound of rain coming through the ajar window. He could smell its fresh smell. The soft morning light, timidly burst through the curtains, illuminating the bedroom. For a moment he was wondering when it was raining for the last time. He liked to watch the raindrops glide over the glass, but whenever it rained he felt a strange anxiety. As if nature told him that something bad would happen. He also felt similar now. Some irrational fear was crawling under his skin, trying to get out.

Suddenly a strange noise reached his ears, as if someone had dropped something on the floor, then a muffled curse. That was enough, however, for his senses to work at its best. Resting on his hands, he rose to a sitting position and looked around the room. He was almost one hundred percent sure that the sound came from their wardrobe, which surprised him immensely. He lowered his bare feet to the floor and reached for his phone to check the time. It wasn't even six in the morning.

He got out of bed and wrapped a sheet around his hips, then slowly walked toward the wardrobe, trying to keep as quiet as possible. But when he got close enough to see what was going on inside, he saw Jungkook's figure. He breathed a sigh of relief at once. Brunet was wearing black sweatpants and his black hoodie, hair in disarray, as if he had just woken up. He stood sideways to him and apparently didn't even notice him, absorbed in what he was currently doing. V leaned his hip against the door and studied him for a moment.

The younger one looked for something in the wardrobe, quickly digging through a pile of clothes, then pulled out one of his hoodies and tossed it into a sports bag, with which he used to come to training. After a while, he did the same with his favorite pair of jeans, in which his legs looked like a gate to heaven and hell at the same time. He had such a focused expression on his face that V almost had to suppress his laughter on his lips. What did the boy do in their wardrobe at six in the morning?