44. COME BACK

3 weeks later

3 weeks later

***

- Nooo! It is impossible! You're cheating! - Jackson shouted.

V looked at him with his blue eyes, but seeing the grumpy face of the young vampire, he laughed, unable to resist.

- I'm not cheating, you're hopeless. Just admit you can't play - he replied, still laughing.

Jackson rolled his eyes and threw his game pad on the couch next to him. He leaned back and ran a hand through his soft, platinum hair, letting the unruly bangs fall on his forehead. Since he was changed, he had not been to the hairdresser, so his hair was much longer, but today before coming to V he styled it specially. He did not know why, but in recent days he has paid much more attention to what he looks like. He wanted to look attractive.

- Who ever saw the vampire play at PlayStation, anyway? - he groaned, and V laughed again.

Jackson looked at him. V sat on the couch only a few inches from him. His hair was also slightly longer, tousled, which made him look younger than usual. He was wearing a plain white T-shirt that revealed his delicate collarbones and black sweatpants. He was sitting with one leg on the couch, his feet barefoot. Jackson came here every day since he came here the first time three weeks ago, but today for the first time he saw something that almost made his heart beat again.

V was smiling.

Since Jungkook disappeared, the vampire stopped laughing. Occasionally, his lips curved into a delicate arc, mimicking a smile, but happiness never reached his immaculate blue eyes. Now this wonderful boxy smile appeared on his face. A gleam of contentment in his eyes. Jackson look at him as if enchanted. He wanted to stretch out his hand and trace his lips with his fingertips, but he stopped himself. He had the impression that time stopped for a few moments, as if it wanted to appreciate the beauty of his smile.

- I missed it... - he whispered before he could realize what he had just said.

V looked at him, raising his right eyebrow. He was surprised by his words. He did not fully understand their meaning and did not know what the boy meant. Jackson looked embarrassed at his intense gaze. He wasn't planning to say anything like that. These words just rolled off his tongue. By the time he realized what he was doing, it was too late to retreat. His mouth was dry immediately, so he licked his lips, feeling the nerves envelop his body.

- Your smile... - he explained shyly, seeing that V was still looking at him questioningly. - I missed your smile - he repeated a little more confidently.

V's smile faded immediately, as if he thought he was doing something inappropriate. Since Jungkook had disappeared, he had not laughed at all, and now he felt as if someone had grasped his smile during mourning and he felt guilty. As if he didn't deserve happiness. Confused, he looked away and grabbed a can of Coke, which was standing in front of him on a small table. Not looking at Jackson, he took a few sips of the sweet drink, enjoying its pleasant coolness.