Chapter Thirteen

***Flashback***

I had just arrived home from school to the sound of my mum and dad shouting at each other. This is the way it always was. Screaming day in and day out. I often wondered why they didn't just get a divorce. I knew my dad could afford it. My mum definitely didn't love him, every time she looked at him there was pure hatred in her eyes. Deep down I knew she was only sticking around for me but why didn't she just leave and take me with her? There had to be a reason why we couldn't just run.

Sighing, I threw my school bag on the floor in my bedroom and slammed my door to signal to them that I had come home. It worked. The shouting momentarily halted. Only a few moments passed and the shouting resumed. I could hear my name being brought up a few times. Every time my name was brought up, I could detect the panic in my mums voice. Didn't she want me to go wherever she was going too?

I walked down the stairs, my hand gripping onto the bannister as my eyes scanned the room to see if I could read the emotion on my parents faces. My dad was angry and my mum was too. Except my mums anger was filled with an extreme sense of sadness too. Growing up my dad was always harsh to the both of us. He had never hit me but he was mentally and emotionally abusive towards me. He was the same with my mum but he was physically abusive towards her too.

"Mum" I whispered making my presence on the stairs.

"Harpy, go back to your room and do your school work" my mum said trying to smile through her evident tears.

"Harper-Rose, come down here" My dad said with a wicked grin spread across his face.

"Jack, please don't do this. She's our daughter" my mum pleaded. "Go to your room, quick" she pleaded with me again.

"Mum, what's going on?" I asked. Ignoring her pleads to go back to my room, I walked further down the stairs and into the room they were both standing.

My mum instinctively wrapped her arms around me. She was my protective shield. Protecting me from my dad. The monster I didn't realise he was. My mum was clutching on to me so tightly I felt like I was struggling to breathe.

"Harper-Rose, now that you're 14. Your mother and I have a business venture that we would like you to be part of" my dad grinned.

"Jack, no!" My mum shouted. "You're not doing this to our fourteen year old daughter. You sick, sick bastard. Please hurt me all you want but leave my baby out of it" my mum cried.

"Shut the fuck up, Sadie" my dad spat. "You can make money and save for your dream university" my dad grinned at me trying to make his business venture appealing to me.

"Harpy, don't listen to him. Whatever this man tells you, it is lies. I'm begging you do not get involved" she cried into my hair.

"You know, Sadie, I've had enough of your bullshit. It's time I got rid of you" my dad spoke with a wicked smile etched onto his face.
He pulled his phone out of his coat pocket and dialled a number. He didn't speak but instead put the phone back in his pocket. I didn't know whether to be relieved or anxious.

Anxious.

Less than five minutes later three masked men burst threw the door and grabbed my mum and I. They dragged us to the front garden but one stood with me outside the house as they forced my mum into a blacked out car.

"Harpy, I'll come back for you baby girl. I won't let these bastards hurt you" she cried. I was petrified. I didn't know if I'd ever see my mum again and I couldn't even give her one last hug. "I love you, Harper-Rose" she screamed as they slammed the door close.

I was crying now too, "I love you too, mum." I tried to free myself from the grasp of the masked man but it only made him hold me tighter. The car my mum was in sped off into the distance and out of my sight. Little did I know that would be the last time that I would see my mum.

The man holding onto me was laughing as he dragged me back into my house. "You live in the middle of nowhere so no one will have heard your mums cries and now no one is going to hear yours" he laughed viciously as he pushed me into my living room.

My dad was smiling wickedly as he sat in a chair in the corner of the room. He gestured to the large couch and the man led the both of us there. He forced me into a laying down position. I didn't realise what was happening until my school skirt was pushed up and my panties were pushed to one side. I started screaming, "Dad, help me please" I said turning round to meet my dads eyes. He looked at me and nodded. Thank God. He walked over to me and placed his hand on my mouth and nodded at the masked man to continue. I can't believe that my dad is letting this happen to me.

I screamed into my dads hands as the pain of the man forcing himself inside me surged through my body. My tears were coming hot and fast as I prayed to God that this nightmare would end soon. It felt like a lifetime before the man finally removed himself from me. He grunted and I felt something warm and sticky land on my leg. I knew from sex education classes that it meant the man had ejaculated on me.

My dad removed his hands from my mouth and the man completely removed his body away from mine. I lay there lifeless. I felt like I had died. I wish someone would just come shoot me and end my life right there and then.
The man gave my dad a pile of cash causing a wide grin to spread on both of their faces.

"I told you I'd find you a school girl" my dad laughed to the man as if my lifeless body wasn't there.

"I didn't think she'd be that good. Worth every penny" he grinned saluting my dad before leaving my house.

I couldn't move. I couldn't bring myself to get up yet.  My dad was counting the money out and left a wad of cash besides me.

"£500 for me and a spare £100 for you. Keep it up and you'll be earning more in no time, Harper-Rose" my dad grinned patting my arm before getting up and leaving the room.

I finally got up from where I was lying and instantly threw up. How could my dad do this to me? He took my mum away and now he was getting money off strangers to have sex with me. I continued vomiting so much until my vision became blurred and I blacked out on the floor.