Chapter Fourteen

"Harper, wake up" I shot up straight away noticing Hunter's hands on my shoulders and his panicked eyes gazing into my own.

I was breathing erratically trying to calm myself down before I found the words to speak, "I think I had a nightmare."

"Shh, it's okay" Hunter said pulling me close to him.

"I've not told anyone what happened before so speaking about last night made it all coming rushing back to me" I whispered.

"You don't have to explain yourself to me, Harper" he soothed.

"What time is it? I need to get to work"

"You slept in but don't worry, I called Alice and told her that you were too sick to come in."

I furrowed my brows confused as I looked up at him, "How do you know Alice?"

He just shrugged, "She called your phone and I picked up. She wasn't particularly happy and was demanding to speak to you but I said you were in the middle of throwing up" he laughed and I whined.

"I'm going to get a shower then I am going to work" I sighed.

"Get your shower but then you're going on a date with me" Hunter smiled sheepishly. I felt myself blush at how forward he was with the command but I just nodded in agreement and went to get a shower.

As the hot water hit my skin, I continuously thought over the events from the night before. I hated Jamie and I hated Tom. I hated my dad more for all of this happening to me. I couldn't even think about Hunter taking me on a date when all of this was stuck in my mind. How would this change my life now? Was everyone going to find out the real truth or were they going to treat me differently if they believed Jamie and Tom. How was my friendship with Savnnagh supposed to continue? I could never go round to her flat again and face Tom. It just hit me that Savannagh was drunk out of her mind and probably doesn't even realise how bad things were for me. Now that I had told Hunter everything, I wanted to tell Savannagh too. I wanted to have a friend there, someone who could try and understand me a bit better. I guess telling her was going to have to wait until after my date with Hunter.

What did the date with him even mean? I didn't want it to change things between us because I liked the messing around and teasing each other. I was also worried that he might just be taking me on a date out of sympathy. Did he actually like me? Or did he just feel sorry for me? I guess I'd find out sooner than later. As soon as I got out of the shower, I headed to my room panicked about what I was going to wear on my date with Hunter. I was too afraid to ask him where we were going so I could dress according to that. Instead, I slipped on a pair of snug denim jeans and pulled a blue sweater over my head. I let my hair fall naturally by my side and wore minimal makeup as a precaution in case we started having deep conversations again and I ended up crying. I contemplated wearing heeled ankle boots but decided against it and slipped on a pair of black pumps hoping wherever Hunter was taking me would be suitable for those shoes.

***************************************************

"Can you please tell me where we're going now?" I asked Hunter for about the fiftieth time since he had been driving. We were driving for over an hour now and I was getting fed up with not knowing my location. I hated the unknown so it just made me anxious that Hunter didn't want to tell me where we were going.

"Shh, Princess, you're ruining the surprise" he smirked.

"I don't like surprises!" I whined.

"I promise you'll like this one, Princess" he smiled before finally parking his car outside a log cabin in the middle of the country side. I didn't know where the hell I was and I sure as hell didn't think the country side was Hunter's idea of a date. I tried not to show my disappointment right away as Hunter still held the smile on his face. I felt guilty for expecting more - I don't know why my expectations were so high but the minute we got nearer to the cabin I changed my mind. From the car, we could only see the back of the cabin so we needed to walk around to get the front door. That's when I stopped and gasped. The cabin was located on top of a cliff that looked out onto an ocean view. It was also far back enough that I wasn't fearing for my life that I might fall off and end up in the ocean.