Chapter Five

The next day I woke up with a smile on my face as I was extremely excited for my lunch date with Jamie. I was worried about him judging me for how formal I looked as I was wearing a baby pink blouse tucked into a pencil skirt and a black hugging figure blazer, paired with black heels. Alice was being extremely nice to me today so I assumed that she had recently gotten laid as her niceness wasn't just reserved for me but rather the whole office. Normally I stay in the office and have lunch with everyone else which Alice liked as it made her feel like the workplace was a strong community. However, she didn't mind a single bit when I let the office know I was going out for lunch.

As I stood waiting outside the building, I noticed a black Mercedes pull up next to me. The driver wound down the window and I noticed Jamie offering me a beaming smile. He leaned over and opened the passenger door gesturing for me to get inside. Smiling back at him, I gladly obliged and climbed inside the car.

"How are you, Harper-Rose? You look beautiful!" He smiled sweetly.

"Thank you! Sorry for looking so formal - I feel really over dressed" I said as I looked over at what Jamie was wearing. He was just wearing a black t-shirt and denim jeans paired with converse. He shrugged at the comment and smiled.

"Don't be silly! You're a working woman, of course you're going to look good" he grinned, "Anyways, where to?"

"You choose please."

"Ugh, one of those girls who wants the guy to choose" he teased.

I laughed off his comment but I knew personally I preferred it when the guy chose the place. Not just the guy actually but anyone I made plans with. If someone asks me to do something then I expect them to already have somewhere in mind before causing me stress thinking of where to go.

Eventually I had to give in and choose because Jamie was trying to be a gentleman and let me choose. It began to annoy me to the point where I just chose Starbucks to get a quick sandwich and coffee before going back to work in the office. However, when we were in Starbucks, I actually enjoyed Jamie's company better than the night before.  He was genuinely a sweet guy like I thought he was, only better. He was so polite and a really good listener - a quality lost on many men. He listened when I told him all about my boss Alice, my degree and Savannagh. I suddenly started to feel guilty when I realised he didn't get the chance to speak about himself much. He promised me he didn't mind as his life was apparently a lot less interesting than me. About fifteen minutes later, Jamie drove me back to work and suggested we saw each other again later that night. I agreed and said I'd text him with plans since he was once again asking me to choose what we did.

*******************************************************************

My anxiety when walking back into my flat after work was through the roof. I had not seen Hunter since he decided to stick his lips on me last night. Truthfully, I was trying to avoid him to spare any awkwardness but I knew I couldn't avoid him forever. Instead of rushing and hiding in my room I decided to wait it out in the living room to get things back to normal.

"Hey, princess" Hunter said casually strolling into the living room eating a bagel. He was a lot chirpier than what he was last night. He also looked like he had no interest in discussing last nights events which I was extremely glad of.

"Hi" I mustered weakly.

"So...I have a question!"

My heart began racing erratically. The one statement that sends anxiety shooting through everyone's veins at 120mph. "Shoot"

"Can I throw a party here tonight?" He grinned at me with pleading eyes.

A sigh of relief came over me whole body. I threw enough parties here myself to not care enough about stopping Hunter from having one. "Yeah of course, just no drugs and clean up after yourself tomorrow because I won't be doing it."