Chapter Eleven

"Hi, Mr Stewart, it's Hunter."

"Hunter, I'm surprised to hear from you."

"Uh, well, you know - I was just in the neighbourhood and I bumped into your daughter. She-"

"What do you mean you bumped into my daughter? And what are you doing in Manchester?"

"My girlfriend lives here so I was visiting her and we bumped into Harper-Rose" Hunter lied on the phone to my dad.

I was yet to tell Hunter why I had been staying in the hotel but he had promised me he was going to get me to come back home with him today. We had decided to come up with a plan of Hunter calling my dad and saying he was worried about my mental health. That he wanted to take me somewhere to get my mind off of things. However, we had to make it clear that it was purely on a friendship basis otherwise my dad would have never fallen for it. That's where Hunter's mythical girlfriend came into it. I knew she was fake but I still felt a pang of jealousy whenever he spoke about being with someone else. Then in turn, I felt a sense of guilt for even feeling jealousy when I knew that I had Jamie interested in me at home.

"I see, I see. So why are you calling me, is my daughter up to no good?" My dad sounded extremely bored on the phone.

"No, of course not. She just seems extremely down and I'm worried about her mental health. I think Jamie might have called things off between them" Hunter improvised.

"Ah, I expected that to happen sooner or later. Jamie and I have been in touch. He knows my daughter is no good for him" my dad laughed down the phone. I was about to let him know I was listening and argue back with him but Hunter shushed me and ensured I kept my mouth firmly shut. This wasn't good. If my dad had really spoken to Jamie that meant Jamie was fed a twisted version of the truth.

"It's too bad isn't it, sir. But I'm worried what she might do to herself. She's sitting in a cafe now with my girlfriend and we both can't believe how anyone hasn't asked her if she was okay. Apparently she was sitting in there for hours crying her eyes out. Carly and I don't want to leave her alone. She said you're currently at work at the minute and won't be home until 5pm" Hunter said breathlessly. I didn't know if Carly was a real person he knew or not but part of me didn't want to know. I had to give it Hunter, I was impressed with how believable he was making everything sound.

"Yes, she does this sometimes. It can be rather concerning and I appreciate that you and your girlfriend are thinking of my daughter. She's right, I won't be home until 5pm but I don't think you should be too worried about leaving her on her own. Probably just attention seeking since that boy Jamie isn't interested anymore" my dad mused.

"Sir, I can't leave her alone. Carly is going to come back to Liverpool with me today and we've both agreed that we should bring Harper-Rose home with us to keep an eye on her."

"Fine" I could almost hear my dad sighing through the phone. "Look, Hunter, work is very busy at the moment. I really need to go but please update me on how my daughter is. I will text her now to let her know what is going on. Thank you for caring" my dad replied before immediately hanging up.

Hunter grinned at me as he threw his phone across the hotel bed. I smiled back at him, extremely grateful at what he had just done for me. He didn't realise it but he had just set me free from a week of trafficking. I could of cried from happiness right there and then but the sound of my phone buzzing took me out of my trance. I knew it was my dad straight away without having to look. Hunter was looking at me expectantly as I examined the text on my phone.

Dad - Dear Harper-Rose, your roommate Hunter has recently been in touch with me and informed me that he is worried about your mental health. Due to this, you have permission to travel back to Liverpool today. My client from last night paid me triple the price after he saw you so I am happy to let you travel back. Your service is greatly appreciated. I will cancel the rest of the stays at the hotel. One more step out of line and I will once again have you meet with clients. I hope this is understood by you, young lady. Take care, Dad