Chapter Four

"You look hot, Harp!" Savannagh squealed as she applied the finishing touches to my makeup. I looked down at my outfit unsure whether to go out dressed the way I was. I had my long hair pulled into a high ponytail and my makeup was the classic smokey eye and red lip. I was wearing skin tight black jeans and a blue crop top that stopped right before my belly button. I didn't feel that comfortable going out like this but Savannagh had insisted.

Once Tom had left the night before I had checked tinder to see that Jamie had matched with me. Surprisingly he had messaged and asked to go on a date that night but I compromised and suggested the next day. I was starting to regret that suggestion now when the nerves starting taking over me.

"It's too much, Sav."

"No it's not. You look hot!"

"He's going to think I put out on the first date!" I exclaimed.

"You don't?" She jokingly asked and I just laughed rolling my eyes at her.

"Seriously, Savannagh, is this okay? I don't want to give him the wrong impression!"

Before Savannagh could answer, my delightful roommate waltzed into my room without even so much as a knock on the door. His eyes lit up at my outfit as he eyed me from head to toe. "And where are you going dolled up, Princess?" Hunter asked before parking himself on my bed. I raised my eyebrows at him but not answering him. A week had officially passed of us living together and we still hadn't spoken about the incident where I seen him threaten someone for money. Frankly, I was too scared to ask him in case I became his latest target. Savannagh was clearly oblivious to the fact he could even be up to this type of behaviour and I decided not to tell her. It was one incident so I let it go for now.

"She's got a date. Doesn't she look fit?" Savannah smiled proudly admiring her work.

Hunter smirked, "She looks better than what she did before, that's for sure. Is your date with that Tim?"

"Tom. And no, it's not actually. It's with Jamie."

"What happened to Tim?"

"Tom!" I exasperated "We're just friends. He was coming over for a girl advice" I half lied. I don't know why I didn't tell Hunter the truth. I guess it was because I didn't want him to form the impression of me as a girl that sleeps around. I have total respect for any woman who freely explores their sexuality and is intimate with whoever they want but it was my own morals that I tried to respect.

Hunter began to look disinterested but he wasn't making any effort to leave my room yet. "You still nervous?" Savannagh asked me and I shyly nodded my head.

"Why are you nervous? It's just a guy" Hunter shrugged.

"Not any guy! Look at his gorgeous face." Savannagh laughed shoving his tinder profile under Hunter's nose. He scanned the phone quickly and just scoffed. Again, I decided for my own sanity it was best not to respond as I didn't want my date to begin with bad energy.

*******************************************************************************

My nerves were rising by the second as I realised how sweaty my palms had become. I was waiting outside a bar called 'Pressure,' the irony of the name and the situation I had gotten myself in soon kicked in. I took my phone out of my jacket to check to make sure I wasn't overly early. Jamie had said 7pm and it was 7:05 - I know it was only five minutes but I still made a mental note of this. Punctuality tells you a lot about a person. Sighing, I shoved the phone back in my pocket before I heard a voice.

"You must be Harper-Rose. I am so, so sorry for being late. I got caught up at work and rushed to get home and change and well here I am" He smiled at me. "Wow, you're pretty" he beamed at me.