Chapter Ten

Before Hunter arrived, I changed into jeans and a sweater and put my hair up into a messy bun. Hunter had seen me without makeup plenty of times so I didn't care to put any on. I couldn't bring myself to put any on again after what happened a few hours earlier anyways. Hunter didn't ask me what was wrong, he just asked where I was and promised he'd come see me as soon as possible. I was grateful for that. Sometimes you don't need to speak about it but you just need someone there.

Hunter was going to be confused when he realised my dad wasn't here. I didn't know what to tell him. I could lie and tell him that I never stayed with my dad when I visited. That seemed believable enough but what father made their daughter stay in a hotel? Thoughts ran through my mind as I tried to create the perfect reason as to why I was in a hotel. There was no way I felt ready to tell Hunter the truth yet. I've never told anyone and especially not anyone I had kissed. I was afraid if I told them that they would be disgusted by me and not want to see me again.

Hunter - I've just arrived at the train station x
Me - Be there in 2 mins x
Hunter - Okay Princess x

The nickname had started to give me butterflies. I hated it and first and cringed every time he had said it but the more we got to know each other, the more it grew on me. The sight of Hunter in his black jeans and black leather jacket made me swoon. He saw me staring and smirked at me as he ran his hand through his disheveled blonde hair.

I liked him. There, I'll admit it. I had feelings for Hunter Blake. He reminded me that I wasn't numb to feeling. That I was able to be attracted to men and feel things for them that my dad had tried to stop. "Hey" I smiled as he approached me.

"I knew you couldn't go another day without me" he smirked before we both burst out laughing.

"Oh, yes, Hunter, I cannot bare the thought of not having you in my life." I said rolling my eyes.

"I knew it" he grinned causing me to roll my eyes again. "Come on then, let's get you out of here" he said throwing an arm around my neck.

"I can't go tonight" I said looking down at my shoes. "Stay with me tonight" I said tugging at his sleeve.

"Won't your dad go crazy?"

I shook my head and gestured for him to follow me. Hunter didn't say anything and instead silently followed me. He intertwined our fingers together so we were holding hands as I led him to the hotel. He looked confused as we approached my room number but he didn't say anything and accepted that I didn't want to talk about it. He knew when I was ready to talk about it I would.

"You look worn out, Princess" Hunter said as he sat down on the hotel bed.

"I'm just a tad exhausted" I shot him my best fake smile.

"You're a mystery, you know" he mumbled almost to himself but I heard. I just couldn't tell him what I was hiding. He'd hate me. At least that's what I thought. "Get comfy for bed, I'm just going to wash up quickly" Hunter smiled at me before going into the bathroom.

"Wake up sleepy" I felt Hunter prodding at me. I must have dozed off while he was in the bathroom. How bloody long was he in there for? I opened my eyes and realised how close Hunter was. Close enough to see the green flecks in his blue eyes and to notice that the hair at the front of his head was so blonde it was almost white. He smiled at me, "Come with me."

He led me into the bathroom to show me that he had run me a bath. He shot me a shy smile as I realised what he had done. He had folded a towel and one of his t-shirts and a pair of his boxers to change into once I got out, "Hunter, that's so sweet" I smiled at him. He smiled back at me before leaving me alone to enjoy my bath.