Chapter Twenty Eight

"What?" I ask dumbfounded not believing what my dad had just said to me.

Of course! I was so angry at Hunter for leaving that I did not spare a thought regarding my dad's potential involvement in Hunter's departure. My blood boiled as he smirked at me, clearly amused knowing that he had finally struck a nerve. My mum looked like she was ready to hit him but she managed to keep her cool and just angrily glare at him instead.

"You heard me" he smirked.

"What have you done?" I asked panicked.

He laughed bitterly before sitting back in his chair and continuing to smirk at us. "You will never know, all you have to know is that your precious little Hunter is never coming back."

"Tell me what you have done" I seethed.

He grinned at me and shook his head tauntingly.

"Please" I begged.

"Get me out of here and I will" he taunted.

My heart sunk knowing that the only way I could see Hunter again was if I helped free my dad. I knew I couldn't do that after everything he put me through. He had been torturing me for years, before I met Hunter and after I met Hunter. So, I was sure the torture would last for many more years if he had his freedom. Deep down, I knew he would still find ways to torment me from inside but I felt a lot safer knowing that my dad himself could not touch me, he could not even see me against my will. When I was scared that he would come back to ruin my life, I held onto the hope that he would never be allowed anywhere near me again.

That helped me make my decision, as much as I loved Hunter, I had to respect myself more. I was not going to help my dad - he was going to stay here and suffer. I knew if Hunter truly loved me then he would find a way to come back to me. It helped my heart heal knowing now that he left the country to try and protect me but what Hunter failed to understand was that no matter how many false promises my dad made, he would never keep them. So, if he assured Hunter that his departure would ensure my safety, he really did not mean it. He would torture me until he got bored.

"Don't be so stupid" I seethed shaking my head.

"You silly girl" he spat venomously.

"Yet you're the one in prison" I smiled sweetly.

"You stupid whore" he yelled.

"Oh shut the fuck up for once in your pathetic life" my mum yelled at him.

"It took you long enough to greet me, Sadie" he grinned at her.

"How do you not feel no remorse for none of the things you have done in your life? You had your only daughter - your only child, trafficked and sexually abused since a teenager. You trafficked your wife and the mother of your child for years. For what? All for money? Is your life that sad that you need money to feel fulfilled? The worst bit is, if you did not do none of the horrible things you did, you were in a decent job anyways, you did not need the money. You are just a greedy bastard who gets a kick out of hurting people and seeing the people you are supposed to love in pain. And you know what, Jack? I thought seeing you was going to be difficult after what you did to the both of us but it has mainly just made me feel sick to my stomach. You repulse me! You are a vulgar person and I hope you rot in her. Your karma is coming for what you did to the both of us" my mother spat angrily.

She stood up to leave immediately after telling him how she felt and glanced at me, "come on, Harpy, let's get away from this waste of a space of a human."

"Gladly" I agreed getting up, following her movements.

"No hug goodbye?" my dad shouted as we walked away but we both ensured we never turned our backs to let him see our reactions.