Chapter 10. Basketball

M/n's P.o.v

I sat up and streched my arms. Looking at my alarm clock, I saw that it was around midnight. It was sunday so I could sleep longer if I wanted to but didn't. Beside me was an empty space which Shuu had filled earlier. I sighed and stood up, knowing I would see him soon enough.

I walked to my closet and changed into my sunday clothes. These were just comfortable clothes because I don't  have to go outside. When I was done I walked towards my door and opened it. I looked both ways, not wanting a vampire to catch me this early in the morning. I silently closed the door behind me and went downstairs, not wanting to make a sound.

Arriving in the kitchen I saw Yui eating her breakfast. "Good morning, or should I say night?" I said as I looked through the cabinets. "Morning" she simply said and continued eating. I sighed and grabbed some froot loops. I poured it into a bowl and grabbed the milk, mixing it together. I grabbed a spoon and sat down before Yui. She looked up at me as I akwardly waved at her. She didn't respond and went to finish her food. "Ayato said they will do basketball in a few hours, he said he wanted you to join them" she dropped her bowl into the sink and walked away. 'Okay..? How can this be any more akward' I thought as I ate my breakfast.

I finished my breakfast without being interrupted by a vampire, it was the best morning I ever had. "For the first time in forever... I could eat without being interrupted" I dropped my bowl ontop of Yui's and walked towards the garden.

"Here! Pass the ball here!" I could hear faint yelling from the groupd of vampires. As I came closer I saw that everyone was playing, even Reiji. Yui sat by the sidelines drinking tea as her eyes were closed. I quietly sat down next to her witout the brothers noticing. "So you came huh?" She asked without opening her eyes. "Yea, I haven't got anything better to do" I leaned my arms on the bench. "They do this every sunday, so feel free to join them" she said as she picked up a book and sat down the tea. "Sure" I answered and looked at the sky. I was lost in thought when I heard someone calling my name.

"Oi M/n! Get your ass over here!" Ayato yelled as they all stopped playing. I walked towards them as I trew my jacket to the side. "So you came eh? Well let's do a 3 against 3" he stated as he bounced the ball. "But aren't there 7 of us?" I looked around the brothers, waiting for someone to come up with an solution. "I'm kinda tired anyway" Laito waved us off and went to sit next to Yui. I smirked and looked towards the teams. "Let's do this" I put my game face on and was ready to beat some ass.

The teams were Shuu, Reiji and Saburu against Ayato, Kanato and me. We were standing oppisite of each other. I was facing Shuu who had a smirk on his unusual energetic face. "I'm gonna beat your ass" I challenges him and he just chuckled. "We will see" he said as the whistle was blown and the ball flew into the air. I jumped into the air as well, trying to reach the ball but Shuu was quicker. I forgot how the vampires had advanced abilities which they can use to move faster so I was screwed. But I didn't give up so easily and I went after him. After a few more passes the ball hit our net and the other team scored a point. "Jeez this isn't fair" I stated as my hands were on my knees. I was cathing my breath while Ayato just chuckled. "We are vampires afterall" he bounced the ball and looked at me. I gritted my teeth and took it from him. "Watch and learn" I said as I trew the ball towards the other net. I scored a point for my team as they were all suprised. But not for long as they were all fires up now. "Oh it's on" they all said as we started playing again.

Yui's P.o.v

"Don't you recognise him?" Laito asked me as he looked towards M/n. "Yes I do, I believe we went to the same middle school" I stated as I closed my book. "What was he like back then?" He looked at me, trying to get an answer. I sighed and tried to remember my time in middle school. "Well, he was in a grade lower than me so I didn't know him too well but he liked to be alone. When we had recess he would always look at the plants the older children planted. There was even a rumour going around that he liked a boy his class but it was never confirmed" I looked at Laito as he tried to process what I just said. "Is that all you need? Because I'm going back to the house" he was about to say something but I just stood up and walked away. I payed one last glance at the boys who were playing basket ball.

'I'm glad he finally found some friends'

M/n's P.o.v

After a couple of matches Shuu's team had won one more match than us. "Aw man, why did we lose!" Ayato yelled as he slapped his forehead. "Maybe because you were distracted by M/n?" Kanato put his head to the side asking him that. I saw a small blush form on his cheeks as he turned around. "I-I was not" He looked away from us while Shuu glared at him. I chuckled and patted his head. I walked towards Ayato and did the same. "I-I'll go back to the mansion first!" He jumped up and teleported out of sight. I sighed and looked towards the others. "Perhaps we should do the same" Reiji suggested as he picked up his glasses. We all nodded our heads and teleported back to the mansion.

'It's been a long time since I had this much fun'

Ahhhhh hello peepz. Here another chapter and there will be another one pretty soon. So see you then! Ps: I feel like my writing looks better in this chapter than the one before so I feel proud of myself.